Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Wanting to run strange coil overs front and rear.. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to run strange coil overs front and rear.. Need help!

I have a 2000 Camaro ss m6 car that I want to replace the stock front and rear springs with strange coil overs. car has their s60 rear end with 520rwhp and mostly is for street and will see the track maybe twice a year. wanting to know what spring and some part numbers if possible. I want double adjustable front and rear. just looking for some insight on a direction I might need to go.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You need to know how much do you plan/want to lower it. The lower you go the more spring rate you need to minimize bottoming out the shocks. With rear coil overs that mount in the stock shock location you'll need to reinforce the upper shock mount area since it's not designed to hold the vehicle weight in that location. For a mostly street driven car I'd recommend just running the Strange DA shocks and aftermarket rear lowering springs like BMR or Hotchkis that mount the spring in the stock location, or the stock rear springs with the hose mod. Now if you still want to go the coil-overs in the rear Id go with the 150 lb.in spring rate, Unless this is just a weekend toy I'd go with at least a 350 lb.in front spring rate, or if you are willing to get 2 sets of front springs then go ahead and get a 300-325 front track springs and a 400-550 for the street springs, depend on you front ride height.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call Madman at Insane Chassisworks. He is a BMR ans Strange dealer and is very knowledgeable on suspension.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by backdraft408
I have a 2000 Camaro ss m6 car that I want to replace the stock front and rear springs with strange coil overs. car has their s60 rear end with 520rwhp and mostly is for street and will see the track maybe twice a year. wanting to know what spring and some part numbers if possible. I want double adjustable front and rear. just looking for some insight on a direction I might need to go.
Your are probably going to end up with a 325lb-350lb spring on the front depending on how much wait you have added or taken off the front of the car but I would need more details to give a good recommendation. What kind of ride height are you looking for with your car? Are you wanting to keep it around the factory ride height or do you want to lower it any?

I would be more than happy to help you out I just need to get some more details from you before I can do so.

Kyle

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!

Quick Reply: Wanting to run strange coil overs front and rear.. Need help!