Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

No brake fluid to RF caliper

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No brake fluid to RF caliper

Hey guys, have been having trouble getting fluid from the ABS block to the RF caliper. I had the front k member out over the summer for the new motor. So I have it all put back together and have bled all the other brakes with a vacuum pump and came to RF and NOTHING! Took the line loose and it is NOT clogged. But I also noticed that there is NO fluid leaking from the ABS block as well. I tried to crack the line at the block to get it flowing like I did with the other 3 lines but this one is DRY! Can someone clue me in on to something else I can do? Or is there a problem I need to fix. Thanks. Marc
Old 02-20-2014, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Anyone? Please this is the ONLY thing keeping me from driving it after 18 mo. Pls help. OPTIONS? I have no brakes! And the EBRAKE SUCKS to stop. Haha
Old 02-21-2014, 01:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bump it up....any ideas?
Old 02-21-2014, 01:23 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by FAD2BLK93
Hey guys, have been having trouble getting fluid from the ABS block to the RF caliper. I had the front k member out over the summer for the new motor. So I have it all put back together and have bled all the other brakes with a vacuum pump and came to RF and NOTHING! Took the line loose and it is NOT clogged. But I also noticed that there is NO fluid leaking from the ABS block as well. I tried to crack the line at the block to get it flowing like I did with the other 3 lines but this one is DRY! Can someone clue me in on to something else I can do? Or is there a problem I need to fix. Thanks. Marc
Have you tried manually pumping the brakes? Use some force

I just bled my brakes for the first time in 2 1/2 years and they were exposed brake lines in a dirty garage..

Fluid was black, but still flowed out!

I don't see how it would get clogged unless there is a pebble Inside the line
Old 02-21-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have released the lines and put a vacuum to it, it is not clogged. I have put a vacuum to the block where the line goes in in the back and nothing. I have fluid to all 3 of the other lines but not this one. Have tried pumping the brakes and no help!! One thing that was odd though, when the car is running and I put the brake pedal to the floor the engine boggs WAY DOWN, then I release the pedal and I get a pressure release sound like a turbo blow off valve pshhhh. Then the RPM goes back to normal. Does anyone have a diagram of the routing of the brake lines? I need to see if the routing is correct, although I don't see how that would change anything, either there is fluid or there isn't right? I am going to try to bring the wheels up off the floor and run it to see if something inside the block activates at a certain RPM. I don't know just guessing at this point. I do have an ABS inop light on right now but my scanner can't see the code...any help would be apreciated!
Old 02-21-2014, 01:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you can't get fluid to come out the ABS block, one of the modulator motors may need to be homed. The only way I know to do that is to command it with a Tech 2 scanner, which the dealer can do.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are the abs blocks interchangable from 93-02? Do u think it is an electrical problem, or an abs block problem? Should I just change out the block? Thanks
Old 02-22-2014, 09:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

It might not be a problem at all, one of the motors might simply have been activated the last time, which is creating an issue for bleeding. If this is for the 96 in your sig, only 93-97 ABS blocks will work. You might just consider taking it to the dealer and having them bleed the lines.

I was able to bleed my whole system after it sat dry for 2 years, so I don't know what else to tell you. You could replace the ABS block, but then you might end up with more problems.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't remember if the block got changed with the rest of the car. Is there a way to tell the difference between the 93-97 and the 98-02 on the outside? I am assuming that when we changed the wiring harness we changed the block as well. I was hoping to go to the wrecking yard today where I know there are many 93-97 cars and just swapping it out. Damn!!! I can't take the car to the dealer to use the TECH 2, I have no brakes and I would drive right thru the showroom. Ha. Anyways I am trying to find someone who has one that can come to my house and do it here, or just swap it out. Are they really different between the model years? I would think they would just keep the same block, but the wiring my be different? Thanks for the help. Damn I wanna drive this f'n car!!!! Been working on it for 18 mo. Marc
Old 02-22-2014, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

They're entirely different, no way to mix them up. The 98-02 version is nearly square with all the lines coming out the top, a google search of engine bays should help you see the difference.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I found the source of the engine bog and the vacuum noise when I push the pedal to the floor. When the pedal goes to the floor I am closing an internal vacuum leak, a big leak. So I pull the vacuum hose off and plug it off and the motor runs smooth as silk. So there is something inside the booster that is bad. Time for a new one?? Or is there something I can pull off and fix? Would the leak have anything to do with no fluid at the RF when all the other wheels have fluid? I googled the blocks and your right they are totally different, thanks. I went to eBay and bought another one off a 2000 for $50 bucks, not bad. But now do I need a booster too? Thanks Marc

Quick Reply: No brake fluid to RF caliper