Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Set me straight

Old 03-01-2014, 07:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Set me straight

Here is the deal I have been through the stickies and looked at threads on here to educate myself a bit and to help form a foggy idea of what I want. I would like some input from the forum members and hopefully from members that have been there done that with suspension setup for street handling. First off I want to state I have ZERO desire or intentions to take this car down a drag strip of any sort. I am building this car to be my daily driver so close to stock power will be what I am dealing with. I just want the car to handle better compared to how it did the day it rolled out off the assembly line. Its been 15 years I am sure there are some great parts out there to help me achieve this goal. I don't have a lot of cash to purchase everything at once so I am trying to get and idea of the stages to do this in and what parts would fit best. ( I would like to do these upgrades properly so I don't want to buy cheap parts just to get it done quicker )

I do not want to have a setup that makes a lot of noise or will require to be rebuilt after X amount of miles. I also am not expecting the car to ride like a Cadillac either but I don't want it to feel like I am rolling down the road in a haywagon. I just want something that I can deal with on a daily basis and not dread getting in the car.

Currently the car has Eibach pro kit lowering springs front and rear, Bilstein HD shocks, UMI adjustable panhard. All parts have 3-4K miles max on them. I am running American Racing Torq Thrust M 17 inch wheels. Tires are Sumitomo HTR-Z 275s up front and 315s rear. ( I know there is room to upgrade here with the tires).

I am leaning right now towards the Strano Parts hollow sway bar set as my next step in upgrading my suspension. Anything I should consider doing before this? Being that I am lowered LCA relocation brackets have crossed my mind as well accompanied with a set of LCAs. Still undecided if I need adjustable or if I will be alright with nonadjustable parts.

Any advice would be great. I appreciate any input and suggestions also let me know if I need to consider changing any of the parts I currently have installed.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The springs ,shocks,sway bars and tires have the most effect on handling. If you arent happy with what you have now,I suggest Strano springs with Koni adjustable shocks.Along with relocation brackets. The shocks arent cheap. Quality comes at a price. As far as a PH bar,if your rear is centered I wouldnt worry about an adjustable one. The sway bars are a good compliment. I would start there and see how you like it.

Last edited by 3 pedal SS; 03-02-2014 at 07:30 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Set me straight