Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front tie rods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Front tie rods?

I wanted to ask everyone here about my other car which is a 99 camry, since you all are real helpful when i ask questions about my camaro. Anyways i hope you all dont mind. I jacked the car up and had the two front wheels off the ground and could turn the wheels side to side when placing my hands at the 3 and 9 o clock position on the tire while pushing and pulling and was wondering what the deal is. Are my tie rods bad? Thanks for reading
Old 03-10-2014, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try it with one of the wheels on the ground, with both you may just be getting the steering turning a little (especially if the steering wheel isn't locked). if you get the play on one wheel (while the others on the ground it could be tie rods or wheel bearing, but you would likely have the noise of a wheel bearing if it had that much play.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
try it with one of the wheels on the ground, with both you may just be getting the steering turning a little (especially if the steering wheel isn't locked). if you get the play on one wheel (while the others on the ground it could be tie rods or wheel bearing, but you would likely have the noise of a wheel bearing if it had that much play.
I'll give that a try,thanks

Quick Reply: Front tie rods?