Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

? for those who've done Moog replacements

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 02:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? for those who've done Moog replacements

Was wondering if you may have specific part numbers for the front control arm bushings, upper and lower. I'm going to do some ordering and want to make sure I'm getting the correct ones. I thought I remember someone offers a "kit" that has all the bushing, etc. in it

Thanks
Old 03-17-2014, 02:50 PM
10 Second Club

I don't have the part numbers off the top of my head but my local auto zone couldn't get them right. I ended up at napa with there brand to get he correct bushings.
Old 03-17-2014, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as I know, there isn't a kit. For each side of the car, you order 2 upper control arm bushings, and 1 each, of the 2 bushings that are used on the lower a-arm. Try the Moog part look-up at Federal Mogul/Moog.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
As far as I know, there isn't a kit. For each side of the car, you order 2 upper control arm bushings, and 1 each, of the 2 bushings that are used on the lower a-arm. Try the Moog part look-up at Federal Mogul/Moog.
So there is a total of 3 (per side), 2 uppers (one used on the lower arm) and second bushing that is also used on the bottom? 6 total?

Looks like Strano has a "kit" you can buy, anyone know the brand he uses? Worth it or better to just order from Rock Auto or something like that?

Thanks again
Old 03-17-2014, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Order these parts from Rock Auto:
Moog K6490 (order 2, 1 set for each side) Front lower control arm bushings (this includes both the front and rear bushing instead of buying them under 2 separate part numbers)
Moog K6689 (order 2, 1 set for each side) Front Upper control arm bushings
Moog K6145T (order 2, 1 for each side) Lower Ball Joints (these are greasable)
Moog K6462 (order 2, 1 for each side) Upper Ball Joints (these are greasable)

these total to a little under 200 shipped (with the 5% discount that is easy to find from rockauto) this is basically this kit from Strano http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7 minus the rear control arm bushings, Sorry Sam but NOBODY comes close to the prices on Moog parts that RockAuto does.

but, if you're going this far and haven't done them yet go ahead and get the tie rod ends and inner tie rods, no point in doing all this stuff and leaving those parts as stock.

Last edited by Daniel Richards; 03-17-2014 at 06:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
Order these parts from Rock Auto:
Moog K6490 (order 2, 1 set for each side) Front lower control arm bushings (this includes both the front and rear bushing instead of buying them under 2 separate part numbers)
Moog K6689 (order 2, 1 set for each side) Front Upper control arm bushings
Moog K6145T (order 2, 1 for each side) Lower Ball Joints (these are greasable)
Moog K6462 (order 2, 1 for each side) Upper Ball Joints (these are greasable)

these total to a little under 200 shipped (with the 5% discount that is easy to find from rockauto) this is basically this kit from Strano http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7 minus the rear control arm bushings, Sorry Sam but NOBODY comes close to the prices on Moog parts that RockAuto does.

but, if you're going this far and haven't done them yet go ahead and get the tie rod ends and inner tie rods, no point in doing all this stuff and leaving those parts as stock.
Thank you much for posting these! So far I've done, shocks\springs, outer tie rods, new tires, PHB, LCAs, tower brace, car had weld in subs when I got it. Really want to tighten up the rest of the front bushings and do sway bars. Can't wait to feel how it rides/handles afterwards. It still feels a little sloppy to me right now. In between my Camaros I was driving a Mazda RX8 that rode on rails. Trying to remind myself that I'm not in that car anymore, but I still think this Camaro has more to offer.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SnakeEaterSS
Thank you much for posting these! So far I've done, shocks\springs, outer tie rods, new tires, PHB, LCAs, tower brace, car had weld in subs when I got it. Really want to tighten up the rest of the front bushings and do sway bars. Can't wait to feel how it rides/handles afterwards. It still feels a little sloppy to me right now. In between my Camaros I was driving a Mazda RX8 that rode on rails. Trying to remind myself that I'm not in that car anymore, but I still think this Camaro has more to offer.
You can get a Camaro/Firebird to handle pretty well, but you just can't beat the fact that the Miata is something like 8-900 pounds lighter...
Old 03-18-2014, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

think strano has pieced together a kit for the f-body.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Killer_Z
think strano has pieced together a kit for the f-body.
See post #5, I linked to the kit at Strano Parts but also gave the Moog part numbers that are the same parts that are in the Strano kit (minus the rear 1LE bushings) for HALF the price at RockAuto.

Quick Reply: ? for those who've done Moog replacements