Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Recommended sway bars for..

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommended sway bars for..

Street daily driving use, road course, pro touring, and some occasional 1/4th mile use. Ive read the same topic on another thread about what sway bars but most of the discussion was focused on drag racing sway bars. Im getting Either Koni Dual adjustable or single Adj, or bilstein shocks with eibach lowering springs. Need a suspension firm enough to keep all 4 tires planted on the ground no matter how hard the turn, enough control to come near 1G force, while not sacrificing ride quality too bad to the point it becomes unbarable on the street.

Alignment set-up will dictate how the car handles, but trying to get the most out of stock control arms for now.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

hit up strano, stranoparts.com, he'll set u up w/ what u need. he developed springs and swaybars for the f-body and won several auto x championships. also go with koni's. dont get eibach. they are garbage.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The above post is correct.Call Sam Strano,he knows his stuff.He is the man to talk to.I
love my Strano hollow sway bars and koni adjustables.Watts link helps too.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Ive got strano sway bars on mine and love the bars. However, i personally dont like poly bushings and i havent found any rubber bushings that fit his size sway bars.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Strano sways with his springs and konis, ride is awesome and really wakes these cars up.

Sent from my HTC One VX using IB AutoGroup
Old 03-27-2014, 11:37 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another vote for the Strano set, it was a noticeable
improvement over the OE max SS bars that came stock.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Definitely the strano or another thick bar. 35mm in the front for all applications, except..

For occasional drag.. either leave it on or disconnect 1 end to simulate no swaybar attached.
Old 03-27-2014, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Strano Bars were one of the best mods I ever did to my car.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:17 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Let's not forget another large sponsor who has some quite successful sway bars and spring packages. Also we have Koni's on sale, so this may be the time to get a set of Koni Sports for your car and get the springs to boot. Give me a call and I can put you together a package with everything
http://bmrsuspension.com/?page=produ...d=58&catid=166

http://bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=823
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 03-27-2014, 02:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Lots of options on bars, not as many that have been proven out quite like what I developed. I also have an adjustable rear bar option as well (actually two, I have a 1" rear bar that's adjustable as well but it's very rare we want that much rear bar on any car).

Koni's are on sale all over, and I have my springs in stock too. My springs were developed with Koni's on my car, in conjunction with my sway bars.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2
Let's not forget another large sponsor who has some quite successful sway bars and spring packages. Also we have Koni's on sale, so this may be the time to get a set of Koni Sports for your car and get the springs to boot. Give me a call and I can put you together a package with everything

Thanks guys. We will all talk soon. Have a couple questions for the both of you guys (BMR & Strano)

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Lots of options on bars, not as many that have been proven out quite like what I developed. I also have an adjustable rear bar option as well (actually two, I have a 1" rear bar that's adjustable as well but it's very rare we want that much rear bar on any car).

Koni's are on sale all over, and I have my springs in stock too. My springs were developed with Koni's on my car, in conjunction with my sway bars.
What are the advantages an adjustable sway bar has over a good BMR or Strano Non Adjustable Sway bar? And would you guys recommend adjustable rear control arms and pan hard bar to have the most effective option?
Old 03-31-2014, 12:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

An adjustable bar is just that, one that gives you choices to pick from in terms of roll stiffness. I use a 22mm bar, they use a 25mm bar which I think it a bit stiff most of the time. I also offer a 22mm 3 position adjustable bar for not a lot more money that gives you 3 bars in one. AND my bars come with the items needed to work with a Fays 2 Watts link if you should go that way in the future. Note that it works with the stock PHB as well.

As for the PHB and LCA's, those aren't in any way related to the swaybars. Maybe you are asking something else, like would I recommend those things in general and not related to the bars, I'm not really sure. There are times and places for those things to be used, but they are not IMHO the requirement in every single car that you often "hear" they are.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 04-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Really nice riding on this adjustable sway bar. But the roads are rather bumpy in Moscow and one of the bolts was cut. Sam, I didn't call you, we just thought a little bit and ordered the bolt at Sukhoi airplane plant We put it and just enjoy the ride. Man, those swaybars is a must have for every f-body!
P. S. Sam hit me a pm, got some questions. Igor from Russia
Old 04-01-2014, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BMR Tech2

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
An adjustable bar is just that, one that gives you choices to pick from in terms of roll stiffness. I use a 22mm bar, they use a 25mm bar which I think it a bit stiff most of the time. I also offer a 22mm 3 position adjustable bar for not a lot more money that gives you 3 bars in one. AND my bars come with the items needed to work with a Fays 2 Watts link if you should go that way in the future. Note that it works with the stock PHB as well.

As for the PHB and LCA's, those aren't in any way related to the swaybars. Maybe you are asking something else, like would I recommend those things in general and not related to the bars, I'm not really sure. There are times and places for those things to be used, but they are not IMHO the requirement in every single car that you often "hear" they are.
Thanks Strano & BMR for the support so far. Im pretty dead set on a Koni, BMR, and Strano set-up. Poly’s all the way around.

I asked a question over in the LT1/4 section 3 times and never got answered. Was the wrong part of the forum I guess. I had an accident to which I lost control of the car going around a corner way to fast, hitting a curb head on and luckily only the rack & pinion to most of the damage as far as the front of the car. As far as the rear its been sitting higher ever since. I would say the rear was knocked up about 3/4” since the accident.

Now what in the world would cause the rear end to sit higher? I’ve checked everything out (from my judgement) in the rear end and everything looks fine. OEM shocks, sway, panhar, torque arm, springs and looked good.

Its a mystery question that has never been asked or heard of. I should of asked this question before. Just don’t know where else to look.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Bent spring mount on the axle would be my first guess.

Old 04-05-2014, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Should I go with the Strano front bar or get the 1LE factory bar?? or is it basically the same thing?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Definitely the strano front. Unless you got an SLP "1LE" from 2001-2002 front bar which is also a hollow 35mm for free or something.. just keep that. Other 1LE bars will be 32mm front and that's not stiff enough.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

A GM 32mm is not remotely the same as my bar. Even the 35mm that a few SLP got isn't as stiff as it's thinner wall tubing.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Awesome, I'll be ordering one soon
Old 04-08-2014, 03:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I went with the solid UMI bars for road racing because they are stiffer and I wanted it as stiff as possible during hard cornering. For a strictly autox setup the hollow bars are probably better because the lighter weight would be an advantage in being able to turn more rapidly. Better for the dragstrip as well, you can even get away with no front bar there to save weight.

Quick Reply: Recommended sway bars for..