Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What Shocks for my Lowered SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What Shocks for my Lowered SS

Hey guys, I am looking to replace the shocks on my 99 SS and was wondering what the best option is for me. Complete street car, 18 in rims, 315 tires, care rarely sees track use, is a driver. I was thinking of the Bilsteins because they seem to be relatively cheap compared to alot of others. I just dont know if I need an adjustable shock, being that this is primarily a street car. Anyone that can chime in with any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

JacobK
Old 04-12-2014, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You may want to consider the fully adjustable Viking shock package... Comes with external double adjustable valving to set you ride requirements, front springs are adjustable for ride height. Both the front and rear shocks are a direct bolt-in as well.

The shocks have an industry best 2 year warranty and the springs are lifetime. Cost is around 950.00 for the full setup and we guarantee the lowest price if you happen to find a better deal.
Old 04-12-2014, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Depends on what you are going for.
Non-gas charged drag shocks like the Viking might be ok if you are really into drag racing and dont care much about ride or handling.
Bilstiens are a great upgrade stock replacement shock, far better than any drag shock IMO.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya I dont need a full out drag shock..like I said this is primarily a street car. So it looks like I will most likely go with the bilstiens
Old 04-12-2014, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Bilstein SLP's are great replacements. Just put a full set on mine and it is a world of difference in how it rides and handles!
Old 04-13-2014, 12:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IMO, Bilsteins would be what I'd most likely recommend.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:26 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Bilsteins are a good option for a daily driver car where ride quality is priority. They are reasonably priced and are top quality. Another good option are Koni's. The Koni's offer adjustability to dial in the shock based on your driving style. While normally there is a significant price difference, we have them on sale making the price on them comparable to the Bilsteins. Give us a call and we can work you up a price for what you need
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 04-15-2014, 07:38 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We offer a coilover setup for the 4th gens but if you're wanting to just replace the shocks, we've got our Q series standalone shocks available for the rear of these cars. They're the same Fox Racing monotube style shock that we use in our coilovers and air suspension lineup.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/1982-9...rq-series.html

Quick Reply: What Shocks for my Lowered SS