Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Lowering with pictures

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR Lowering with pictures

Today my sisters boyfriend helped with me with a few things that needed to be done to my Trans am. For this section I'll post the suspension work. I originally started with Summit's Lowering 1.25 inch lowering springs but read that they where awful and not a lot of people had much luck with them. So I took a drive out to summit today and exchanged them for a set of BMR lowering springs 1.25 drop. While I was at it I grabbed some new front struts and rear shocks all 4 Monroe. I've always had great luck with Monroe in the past and figured this was within my budget for this car.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by BD3511; 05-22-2014 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Staging Lane

I'll upload more of the front shortly but let's see how much these will settle combining the new springs and shocks and the suspension upgrades finally felt the pieces of the puzzle are finally sort of complete. Handles like a dream I'm glad I went with the BMR springs and eliminated future problems with the Summit brand springs. And doing this with a lift made life so much easier and normally this would have been done in my driveway on jackstands and a jack but unfortunately I've been in and out of the hospital all week with these awful Ulcers so my sisters boyfriend was nice enough to really help me out at his old mans shop.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good man, i have bmr springs on both of my cars. Cant beat them, i feel they are one of the best out there.
Old 05-23-2014, 06:27 AM
Staging Lane

I would have to agree I have Eibach on my 96 Formula and it just doesn't feel the same, But the factory suspension on my car was complete toast. Shocks and Struts had nothing left and the rear springs where just weak

Quick Reply: BMR Lowering with pictures