Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Alignment complete... pics and review

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Alignment complete... pics and review

It has been 2 years since I have driven my car. So much work has been done to it that I will probably forget something but here goes.
UMI everything pretty much... road race K, uppers and lowers, QA1 shocks and springs, new wheel bearings, tie rod ends, steering rack, Turn1 pump, Strange 3.5" CM driveshaft, Strange S60, new interior, new seats, new headliner, custom 8pt cage, and more.
So got the alignment done and I was surprised how close the shop was able to get to my requested street/autorx specs. The ride is amazing to say the least! It's like a new car. It handles like nothing I've ever driven before and I am not done yet. Here's some pics on the rack... and it hasn't been washed in 2 plus years so bare with me... Tomorrow I will clean her and get more pics of interior with some new gauges n stuff.
Attached Thumbnails Alignment complete... pics and review-alignment-001.jpg   Alignment complete... pics and review-alignment-004.jpg  
Old 05-30-2014, 05:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by trik396
It has been 2 years since I have driven my car. So much work has been done to it that I will probably forget something but here goes.
UMI everything pretty much... road race K, uppers and lowers, QA1 shocks and springs, new wheel bearings, tie rod ends, steering rack, Turn1 pump, Strange 3.5" CM driveshaft, Strange S60, new interior, new seats, new headliner, custom 8pt cage, and more.
So got the alignment done and I was surprised how close the shop was able to get to my requested street/autorx specs. The ride is amazing to say the least! It's like a new car. It handles like nothing I've ever driven before and I am not done yet. Here's some pics on the rack... and it hasn't been washed in 2 plus years so bare with me... Tomorrow I will clean her and get more pics of interior with some new gauges n stuff.
Good to hear you have your car back on the road. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those qa1s are really holding you back for handling/ride. They are the polar opposite of what you want for handling (they are non-gas charged drag shocks, you want gas charged sport shocks like koni, Bilstien, Penskie, KW etc etc).
Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Good to hear you have your car back on the road. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those qa1s are really holding you back for handling/ride. They are the polar opposite of what you want for handling (they are non-gas charged drag shocks, you want gas charged sport shocks like koni, Bilstien, Penskie, KW etc etc).
No bad news bro. I already knew this. I don't post much but I read a ton!
Believe me when I tell you my old suspension was that bad and now it feels like a Ferrari. Haha. I will live with the springs and shocks till Koni's come my way. My passenger side motor mount literally came apart in my hand when I removed it. Its all poly now. I am lovin it
I have learned so much from guys like you on this forum and I am grateful

Quick Reply: Alignment complete... pics and review