Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake lines

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brake lines

Hi guys, I have '96 Camaro Z28 with traction control which I'm installing a moser 12 bolt. All my brake lines were frozen with rust and had to be cut. I can't find the two rubber flex hoses from the body to rear end anywhere, always out of stock or back ordered. Does anyone know if I can convert the car to one single brake line to a T block on the rear end like a non-traction control car? Can I remove the distribution block and connect directly to the proportioning valve? The traction control has been disabled so two hard lines are no longer needed. Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Old 08-04-2014, 08:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do the right thing and get Stainless lines for the whole car. It will include all four corners and the rearend lines.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Already did, went to inline tube and bought a complete stainless steel replacement kit which was suppose to be for my car. The new kit only has one line that runs to the rear end, that's why I'm trying to figure out how to convert the rear system over.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Look up j&m suspension parts. They sell individual stainless flex lines. You should be able to convert your car to the single rear line (3 channel) brake system. Factory 3 channel uses a flex line from the body side that tee's on the axle to the hard lines on the axle.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:54 PM
Teching In

For those wondering it's done. You remove the rear brake lines along with the traction control component; now the rear supply on the ABS block is open to run one line to the back and T block on the rear end, and the rear ABS will still work fine.
Old 08-06-2014, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Re-running the brake lines is the easy part. Have you actually tried locking up the wheels to engage the ABS and verify it still works? I'm curious how the system will handle a missing channel and the missing module itself, since it tries to control each rear wheel individually.

Quick Reply: Brake lines