Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

4 channel/ 3 channel rear end

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 channel/ 3 channel rear end

hello everyone so I had a 3 channel rear end off of my Camaro and a have a 4 channel rear end off of a 2002 Camaro ss my rear end is done so I was wondering if it will b compatible with my car I seen that my car only had one brake line port to plug into and the other rear end has 2.. is there anyway to make this work.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Teching In

You'll need to swap your brake lines. Does it have the hole for the speed sensor drilled in the center section? If you want to keep the abs you'll need to install that sensor, pull the diff cover first and see if it has the abs reluctor next to the ring gear. If not, you'll need to add that as well.
Old 08-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by unforgiven
You'll need to swap your brake lines. Does it have the hole for the speed sensor drilled in the center section? If you want to keep the abs you'll need to install that sensor, pull the diff cover first and see if it has the abs reluctor next to the ring gear. If not, you'll need to add that as well.
So if i do not want to add the abs cann i just swap the brake lines and and put right in ...will anything go wrong if i just put it in.. because it does not have the hole on top of the pumpkin

Thank you
Old 08-29-2014, 12:12 PM
Teching In

Should work okay, abs light will probably be on, maybe low trac light as well but, assuming the brake system is in good shape and bled well, the brakes should work fine. Just no abs operation.

Quick Reply: 4 channel/ 3 channel rear end