Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Finally Lowered! BMR/Bilstein

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 09:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Finally Lowered! BMR/Bilstein

First off i want to say this combo is great. My car is a daily driver and this past week i got to test this out. The biggest difference i notice is you obviously feel some more bumps no big deal and the potholes and stuff definitely hit harder. All to be expected when lowering a car. Overall the ride is amazing, i have zero complaints.

Now for handling. Its night and say compared to stock. I got into turns harder than i used to and i find myself going in harder and harder and it still sticks. Backroads are much more fun.

For looks, simply perfect. The drop made a huge difference. Right now on the hose mod in the rear which is why the rear sits a touch lower. I also added the CME so the helps with my opinions lol.

Overall im super happy with this setup. The car doesn't sit low enough where i scrap and bottom out but it still looks and drives fantastic. I would highly recommend this setup to anyone.

My full Suspension Setup:
-BMR springs
-Bilstein Shocks
-2pt bolt in SFC
-Adj Panhard
-non-Adj LCA's
-Relocation Brackets lowest hole
-Front and rear Sway bars

Before Springs:

After Springs!!!

Last edited by 73CamaroLT; 10-08-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:26 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Much, much better. Looks great!
Old 10-09-2014, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The car looks amazing and I am sure it has to handle way better than it did with the junky factory stuff. As far as affordability and performance goes it is really hard to beat the Bilstein/BMR combo. Thanks for posting the feedback and the pictures.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 10-09-2014, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, looking gorgeous man
Old 10-09-2014, 11:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude looks so sick. I'm currently running the eibach pro kit springs and the bislten shocks and I'm not liking the ride. And I'm thinking swaping to the bmr springs I been told the bmr are not has low has the eibach but your car looks perfect
Old 10-10-2014, 08:52 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by redcamaro4140
Dude looks so sick. I'm currently running the eibach pro kit springs and the bislten shocks and I'm not liking the ride. And I'm thinking swaping to the bmr springs I been told the bmr are not has low has the eibach but your car looks perfect
Our springs generally don't sit as low as the Eibach springs do but it does vary depending on the situation. The amount of sag you will see from the Eibach springs will vary depending on the age and mileage on them.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redcamaro4140
I have the same set up...eibach and bilsten...better than stock but the ride not as good as i thought... seems like it hits bump stops when kiddos are in the car when there is a small bump..like the low stance though...thought about bmr also after looking at the pics
Old 10-10-2014, 09:19 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Randolph Ziskey
I have the same set up...eibach and bilsten...better than stock but the ride not as good as i thought... seems like it hits bump stops when kiddos are in the car when there is a small bump..like the low stance though...thought about bmr also after looking at the pics
Well if you decide on picking up a set of BMR lowering springs let us know and we will make sure you get taken care of.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Kyle will do.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:57 AM
11 Second Club

What bump stops did you go with?
Old 10-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Camaro.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RGR Pete
What bump stops did you go with?
Energy Suspension Bump
Part #: ENE9.9137G
Old 10-11-2014, 10:38 AM

What did you do to the headlights?
Old 10-13-2014, 07:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I drove the car about 500 miles this weekend and it was great. Cruising on the highway is fantastic.

Originally Posted by tooquiet
What did you do to the headlights?
Headlights are just Depo whistlers modded headlights from Amazon
Old 10-14-2014, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great. I have the same combo and love it! I have the UMI 3pt weld in SFCs ready to go, and plan on LCA relocation brackets and LCA's next. What suspension parts did you notice the most other than the BMR/Bilsteins?
Old 10-15-2014, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks much much better now.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

Car looks great! Night and day diff....
Old 10-16-2014, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

I noticed little to no difference after my BMR/Bilstein swap... Only at 100+mph did I notice more stability moving through lanes on the highway. Regular driving, and messing around with some slightly hard cornering I felt hardly any difference over stock. Wasn't really impressed as far as handling goes.

The ride did get a bit bumpier but not bad at all, and the ride height is perfect. I love how the car sits.
Old 10-16-2014, 12:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
I noticed little to no difference after my BMR/Bilstein swap... Only at 100+mph did I notice more stability moving through lanes on the highway. Regular driving, and messing around with some slightly hard cornering I felt hardly any difference over stock. Wasn't really impressed as far as handling goes.

The ride did get a bit bumpier but not bad at all, and the ride height is perfect. I love how the car sits.
Our BMR lowering springs are considerably stiffer than the factory springs so you should notice large improvement in performance from that increased spring rate and also the lowered center of gravity. The Bilsteins are valved a bit more aggressive than the factory Decarbon shocks too.

Did you have an alignment done after the install? The alignment is also a big part of improving the performance.

Old 10-16-2014, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Our BMR lowering springs are considerably stiffer than the factory springs so you should notice large improvement in performance from that increased spring rate and also the lowered center of gravity. The Bilsteins are valved a bit more aggressive than the factory Decarbon shocks too.

Did you have an alignment done after the install? The alignment is also a big part of improving the performance.
The car is actually in the shop as I type this getting an alignment done. I never had one done right after the install, but the car drove straight and felt the same as prior to the install and I kinda just forgot about the alignment. I intended to do it but never did until now. We'll see if an alignment makes any difference. It looks great and rides nice but I honestly felt hardly any noticeable difference in handling, and I feel like anything I did feel was probably more of a placebo affect cause it was so minor and I was expecting and hoping for improvement. Only at high speeds on the highway did I notice a clear definite difference. I'll update after the alignment is done.

Quick Reply: Finally Lowered! BMR/Bilstein