Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

6 Piston CTS V calipers

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 03:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

^ its not hard as long as you have the right tools and know the thread size you need, ive done it several times.

as to weather or not its needed I dont know. I thought I remember someone mentioning they added it since the hub hole needed to be bored out they used it for centering the rotor or something to that effect. There is about 3-4 of these threads and the info is starting to run together haha
Old 06-08-2015, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joeyofblades
Thanks rdd. I will try to find a bolt that works without needing to cut it. As for the rotor screw... Is this necessary? I'll ask Blaine if he used it on his. No experience creating taps so id prefer to avoid it.
You can do it without the rotor screw. I was just **** and wanted the rotor perfectly centered so i used them. The bolt size to hold the calipers you need is an M14x45 2.00-pitch.
I referenenced a lot of my knowledge on the subject through the superchevy write up. Great walk through.

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/bra...-tires-wheels/
Old 06-08-2015, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Will it hurt braking performance if you don't have the screw in? I know it hurts braking if you don't have the caliper centered on the rotor, which is why you use washers on the mounting bolts
Old 10-20-2015, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sure that this question has been asked or the answer has already been explained to some extent but.... Will the 6-piston cuts-v upgrade work with c6 coupe (The polish 5 spoke version) wheels. I am running a 1" hub centric spacer up front. Also, with the 6 piston version is it a proven fact that the ZL1 front rotors are the best fitting and performing choice as far as rotors are concerned? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-unrelated but this is my first tech post after 4 plus years of creeping this site! Haha
Old 10-21-2015, 09:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

^check some of the later posts in the sticky at the top of the section. I think it goes into detail about why that rotor is the preference. I read it quite a while back and I think it has something to do with the outer corners of the brake pad not making contact with the rotor due to the size difference of the other options.

As far as the fitment question I cant help ya there
Old 10-21-2015, 08:48 PM
Teching In

Thanks blackbyrd. I've read and read until my eyes have gone crossed but there are so many write ups using the z06/ctsv rotor I just wanted a firm answer! Haha
Old 02-09-2017, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Do you think these would work with the two piece rotor set up?

Quick Reply: 6 Piston CTS V calipers