Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Sway bar users step on in! U-bolts/spacers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 01:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Strano Sway bar users step on in! U-bolts/spacers

Ive searched for hours without any good results.

My question is, Im going to be lowering my car with Strano springs and going with his front/rear hollow sway bars as well. I need U-bolts and spacer brackets for this rear bar since I no longer have the stock ones. I currently have a UMI drag sway bar but im going to be selling it. What is my best option for U-bolts/spacers with a stock rear and a lowered vehicle? i cant find any good answers.

It seems like UMI, BMR, Spohn all make brackets geared toward aftermarket rearends where the spacer sits lower allowing for better fitment for those specific rears but nothing for stock setup. I dont want the sway bar to hang lower then the pumpkin like my UMI drag bar already seems to do. I dont like it like that especially since I will be lowered.

Any help would be great
Old 01-22-2015, 08:07 AM
FormerVendor

Strano bars are bent very similarly to the factory style bar that we offer. You could actually use the same bolts and brackets for your drag bar unless your axle tubes are larger than factory; then you'd have to swap out for smaller u-bolts. We run the brackets with the UMI rear factory replacement bar on a few different cars in the shop.

Check out post #42 here for pictures: UMI Rear Sway Bar
Old 01-22-2015, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

Ok, appreciate it. I have a stock 10 bolt. Im assuming I need the 2.75in U-bolt. Is this the one your talking about, UMI Part # 2244-275?

I was going to sell everything with the drag bar since thats how it comes. Thats why I was trying to find another set that would work with the 22mm Strano bar.
Old 01-23-2015, 07:38 AM
FormerVendor

Yep! That would be correct for the factory rear. The new rear sway bar you purchase should come with the new poly bushings that would bolt right up to the 2244-275 axle clamps.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

get another set of stock u-bolts. when i went to put my strano bars on, the factory u-bolts were very rusty and i ended up breaking them trying to unbolt the stock bar. i went to ebay and found a set of clean used u-bolts for under $30 to my door
Old 01-24-2015, 02:28 AM
TECH Addict

Thankyou UMI for the help. I will be going with those then.

Quick Reply: Strano Sway bar users step on in! U-bolts/spacers