Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Broken bolts installing UMI TA

Old 05-04-2015, 08:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Broken bolts installing UMI TA

Hey guy so I was trying to install a tunnel mounted umi TA and have some broken bolts to contend with. When removing the tunnel brace two bolts were already broke and one broke on removal. So now I will be drilling out the remaining three. Long story short the bolts that broke seem bigger than the bolts provided in the kit. . . Since this is supposed to be a direct bolt in kit am I missing something? The only thing I can think would be the tunnel brace had altered bolts prior to my purchase or the kit was sent with the wrong bolts. Can anyone confirm having the same issue and how you resolved it. I may run different bolts with locking nuts and washers to install. Also can anyone confirm to correct size bolts for the kit so I can double check?

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2015, 08:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear about the broken bolt trouble.

Those bolts should measure 8mm.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-04-2015, 09:49 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you need to, you can get some from a local hardware store to compare to what you got. They should be 8mmx1.25 15mm long. Length is somewhat flexible, but the other dimensions are fixed.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 05-04-2015, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Okay great thanks for the info this will help. The ones in the kit are the correct size so it would appear that at some point the previous over changed the ones in the car. I will probably drill them out and install locking nuts and washers to hold the new cross member in place.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Broken bolts installing UMI TA