Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Suggestions for front coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 11:57 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions for front coilovers?

So I snapped a QA coilover shock rod end, probably 350lb, and I want something stronger. The car is heavy(408 iron block and TH400) with no weight pulled at all. The car sees hard launches at the track but is still driven on the street. My search fu is weak, I couldn't find any solid answers. I was thinking Vikings double adjustable. What do you guys suggest for spring rate? 300lb?

Last edited by JCCamaro; 07-07-2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run a menscer AFCO SA with iron block, a T6 turbo hanging off the front and run a 300lb spring car also full interior and a 4L80. Depending on your budget, you are going to get a lot of people saying go with the Vikings though. I hav Also ran strange coil overs and they were the best bang for the buck but since these Vikings are cheaper there are a lot of people going towards them.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:30 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My budget isn't what it used to be, so I think the AFCO's are a little out of my price range at the moment.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I second your thought about the Viking coilovers. They have been nothing but solid for me. As far as the spring rate, let someone like Midwest Chassis determine that. They asked me a **** ton of questions about my car, intended use, etc., and from there they told me what spring rates I needed. Give Midwest Chassis a call. They have the lowest prices on the Viking coilovers, bar none.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I second your thought about the Viking coilovers. They have been nothing but solid for me. As far as the spring rate, let someone like Midwest Chassis determine that. They asked me a **** ton of questions about my car, intended use, etc., and from there they told me what spring rates I needed. Give Midwest Chassis a call. They have the lowest prices on the Viking coilovers, bar none.
This guy speaks the truth.

Give us a call and we will get you taken care of.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Santhuffs. Whole different level of coilovers.

Quick Reply: Suggestions for front coilovers?