Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

got in accident, i need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2004, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default got in accident, i need some advice

alright guys its a real long story but my baby went into a tree im estimating about 15-20 mph. im tryin to take a look over the car and try and look at what could be messed up and if it is fixable. this hurts so bad, i dont wanna get ride of my car but i dont want to have a car of problems. im just wondering how bad is too bad when it comes to fixing the car. the passenger front took more of a blow. the driver side SEEMS OK but i was feeling with ym feet on the passenger side and the floor board seems to be bent in a little bit. im thinking the frame on that side got jamed back. is this possible that it could get fixed or am i stuck in a dream? i dont knwo much about this kinda stuff and cant tear into it until the insurance company comes out here. but this is killing me slowly inside just thinking i might not get my car back. but if i knew what i was getting into it would really help.

so any guys that do this kind of work please let me know what you think, if your need more info let me know or let me know what to look for. thanks
Old 06-06-2004, 07:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not too knowledgable with damage/costs and such, but I do know that a bent frame is about the worst thing you could have happen to your car in an accident.
Old 06-06-2004, 07:51 PM
9 Second Club

I have a rebuilt 2000 ws6 vert that smacked a tree right in the front/middle. it was totalled by insurance but I have fixed it and am now waiting on the state to inspect it so I can drive it. If you want, I will email you some pics so you get an idea of what can be done. Frame straightening is no biggie....Gm tolerance is 4-5mm.....frame guy can get it within 2-3mm if he takes his time
Old 06-06-2004, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

email is budchevy358@yahoo.com if you dont mind sending some pics. it would help a lot