Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

* UMI* Wanting FULL UMI Adjustsble Suspension, Also Black UMI Billet Brackets?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default * UMI* Wanting FULL UMI Adjustsble Suspension, Also Black UMI Billet Brackets?!

1.) is UMI going to make the billet bushings in black instead of just red? I just ordered Blaine Fab powder coated front reinforced sway brackets. Next thing I will be getting is the UMI upgraded rear sway bar brackets for the axle in black and I really wanted those black billet bushings to really help strengthen everything together.

Below is what I have for suspension I am looking for a complete full suspension and I want to get opinions on what I need that is left.

Things I'm planning to get:

- UMI black front and rear sway bars
- Blaine fab front reinforced brackets
- UMI rear sway bar axle brackets
- IF UMI has them then both front and rear billet bushing brackets in black and not just red

Suspension parts I have installed on car. Everything has about 150 miles on it:

- UMI 2 point STB
- UMI 2 point weld in SFC
- UMI LCA relocation brackets
- UMI Poly / Roto on car single adjustable LCA's
- UMI Poly / Roto on car single adjustable PHB
- UMI adjustable torque arm full length
- UMI Tunnel brace + DS safety loop
- UMI automatic TQ arm transmission relocation crossmember
- Bilstein shocks
- Strano Springs
- New rear upper spring isolators
- All new front shock mounts, spring seats, front isolators (everything that the front shocks mount to minus the upper and lower a arm and ball joints are all new moog OEM replacements; was told on here to just replace every mount, isolator, upper and lower shock mount and make everything is new which I did.)
- new rear endlinks + new front endlinks both are energy suspension poly
- Motive orange box 373 gears + TA girdle cover + TA stud kid + complete mega Richmond install / rear end ten bolt rebuild kit with all new seals + all Timken bearings. Also have all new pinion spacer sleeve and brand new GM OEM spider gear.

I believe the only thing I have left for the rear end is the rear sway bar billet brackets if available, rear sway bar and rear sway bar axle mounts? Does this look correct?

For the front all I need is: upper a arm, lower a arm, k member (UMI road race), then the Blaine fab brackets and the front sway bar does this all look correct? I'll also get all new premium ball joints + tie rod ends ? Do you guys recommend this as well?

Do I need anything else suspension wise? Does it look that then I'll have a fully adjustable full UMI suspension?

Thanks in advance!

Can't get me enough UMI parts!!
Old 04-25-2016, 09:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the business! We appreciate it.

Unfortunately we only have the red bushings in stock here for the billet brackets. What we can do is sell the brackets only for $10 less a set. You would need to buy greaseable Prothane brand sway bar bushing kit from Summit or Jegs and use the bushings from those kits, they fit right in. Must be Prothane, not Energy. That would get you black bushings.

For front suspension.... we have a lot of cool new things in the works right now. I would hang in there until we finish our new stuff. RR K-member is the same, we are working on a full k-member/a-arm package that all works together and offers more caster than normal. Stay tuned. We've been running on it now.

Thanks for checking
Old 04-25-2016, 11:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Thanks for all the business! We appreciate it.

Unfortunately we only have the red bushings in stock here for the billet brackets. What we can do is sell the brackets only for $10 less a set. You would need to buy greaseable Prothane brand sway bar bushing kit from Summit or Jegs and use the bushings from those kits, they fit right in. Must be Prothane, not Energy. That would get you black bushings.

For front suspension.... we have a lot of cool new things in the works right now. I would hang in there until we finish our new stuff. RR K-member is the same, we are working on a full k-member/a-arm package that all works together and offers more caster than normal. Stay tuned. We've been running on it now.

Thanks for checking
Thanks UMI,

Could you link me to the correct bushings for your sway bars I'd be doing both the front and rear. Besides my rear sway bar do I have a complete rear suspension?

Thanks and I'll keep checking for new products!
Old 04-25-2016, 02:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by blk97z28
Thanks UMI,

Could you link me to the correct bushings for your sway bars I'd be doing both the front and rear. Besides my rear sway bar do I have a complete rear suspension?

Thanks and I'll keep checking for new products!
Here would be the black rear bushings you would need: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-19-1175-bl

The rear suspension looks good to me, should work really well for you . The other cool thing about the UMI sway bars is they are tubular now, we just haven't had a chance to update the site and advertise them that way.

Your car should handle pretty darn good!
Old 04-25-2016, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here would be the black rear bushings you would need: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ptp-19-1175-bl

The rear suspension looks good to me, should work really well for you . The other cool thing about the UMI sway bars is they are tubular now, we just haven't had a chance to update the site and advertise them that way.

Your car should handle pretty darn good!
Perfect so those would fit the 22mm rear, now what is the part number for the 35mm front sway bar bushings. I can just pull these out and plug them into the billet brackets?
Old 04-26-2016, 07:45 AM
FormerVendor

Perfect so those would fit the 22mm rear, now what is the part number for the 35mm front sway bar bushings. I can just pull these out and plug them into the billet brackets?
Whoops. Here is the front set below. Also I was incorrect, the front uses Energy Suspension brand. Prothane doesn't make a bigger thick 1-3/8" bushing. Here is the kit- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-9-5173g

Also they are labeled in inches and not metric... that is okay.

22mm= 7/8"
35mm= 1-3/8"

Let me know if we can help anymore. Thanks!
Old 04-26-2016, 06:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whoops. Here is the front set below. Also I was incorrect, the front uses Energy Suspension brand. Prothane doesn't make a bigger thick 1-3/8" bushing. Here is the kit- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-9-5173g

Also they are labeled in inches and not metric... that is okay.

22mm= 7/8"
35mm= 1-3/8"

Let me know if we can help anymore. Thanks!

Ryan I called today and got everything ordered and went on Amazon and found the bushings you requested I use.

? - can I take out the zirk fittings that are attached to the billet mounts and have the mounts powdered black? Let me know!

FYI your staff was great, Craig was a real big help.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:10 AM
FormerVendor

Ryan I called today and got everything ordered and went on Amazon and found the bushings you requested I use.

? - can I take out the zirk fittings that are attached to the billet mounts and have the mounts powdered black? Let me know!

FYI your staff was great, Craig was a real big help.
Thanks for the order sir Also great to hear Craig was able to assist you correctly, we have a pretty great group here.

The grease fittings are threaded in and can easily be removed with a nut driver and reinstalled. Just block the hole if you coat them with a 1/4-28 bolt. The brackets are anodized, still not black but have a coating to protect them. Anodizing them black has been on my list but just never did it. I think it would look pretty sick as well.

Keep an eye out for front end updates!
Old 05-03-2016, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the order sir Also great to hear Craig was able to assist you correctly, we have a pretty great group here.

The grease fittings are threaded in and can easily be removed with a nut driver and reinstalled. Just block the hole if you coat them with a 1/4-28 bolt. The brackets are anodized, still not black but have a coating to protect them. Anodizing them black has been on my list but just never did it. I think it would look pretty sick as well.

Keep an eye out for front end updates!

Hey Ryan,

All parts arrived yesterday and everything was there! The Alu billet sway brackets came in two different thicknesses. As of right now I fitted the read bushings with the thicker unit and the front bushings with the thinner brackets. Is this how they should be? They weren't labeled.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:02 AM
FormerVendor

This is correct. The front mounts are tall and narrow and the rear mounts are shorter and wider. Two different brackets is correct.

Good luck with the install. Thanks!

Quick Reply: * UMI* Wanting FULL UMI Adjustsble Suspension, Also Black UMI Billet Brackets?!