Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front sway bar?

Old 06-16-2004, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front sway bar?

Is the front sway bar on a 2000 SS Camaro a 30mm or a 32mm? Noticed a sticker on it that says KAC 26032907 if that helps. Don't know what bushings and end links to order. My next question is if I left the sway bar off would it throw my front end alignment off and would it cause me uneven tire wear? Not to concerned about handling and cornering so besides that would it mess up anything?
Old 06-17-2004, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

It should be a 32mm I believe. You can leave the bar off. Alignment will not change. As you can imagine, the car will not handle as well. Some folks will likely say it's dangerous,,,, hmmm don't know about that. I do know that my Firehawk handles better without swaybars than my Kia Rio or most of the other vehicles I've owned. It will not mess-up anything.

I understand that you might want to remove it for dragracing and either drive it to the track or do some streetracing but,,,,,, it takes like 10 minutes to throw it back up there. I remove mine for dragracing a good bit, sometimes I'm lazy and it takes awhile to put it back on but I wouldn't just leave it off unless it was a drag only car.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:11 AM
Launching!

"Dangerous" is a subjective term in this case - some cars are designed from the factory without anti-roll bars on one or both ends of the car. So as stated, it's possible to drive the car without the front bar, I just wouldn't advise it. Why would you want to remove it, anyway?

Most people want to improve their handling by adding more anti-roll to the equation, not reducing it to zero
Old 06-17-2004, 03:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think he was looking for better handling as you pointed out. I think he was thinking about dragracing. When you remove the front swaybar you get improved travel up front,,, hopefully helping out weight transfer to the rear. You also lose a little bit of weight up front. Not saying that removing it will work wonders but it is free and it can only help {even if only a smidge}.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front sway bar?