Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Shock information

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 12:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock information

I am going to be slowly buying up all of my suspension parts over the next few weeks and i already purchased a set of eibach pro kit springs from someone off this board...now its time to look into shocks...

I want a very firm ride. I like to feel the ground. But im doing this on a budget. I can get the KYB AGX shocks (4) for 275, but i see the Bilsteins are right around 400, which is just barely inmy budget...which will give me a stiffer, firmer ride? jesus that doesnt sound right...anyhow...

i have subframe connectors, an adjustable panhard bar, and sway bars lined up...anything else i should look into?

thanks
Travis
Old 06-22-2004, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been researching the same issue. If budget allows, I would step up to the Bilstiens. Bilstiens or Konis seem to give the best results on our cars, KYBs aren't valved with enough damping to be effective.

Within Bilstien, you can get the SLPs, the HDs, or a custom revalve. The HDs are firmer, the SLPs are softer, and revalve can do anything you want.

I went with Bilstiens for the rear of mine and got them from Sam Strano, his prices were as good or better than anyone elses, and he spent hours answering all my questions.