Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

99 trans am stock replacement shock/struts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 09:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 99 trans am stock replacement shock/struts?

Can anyone point me in some good replacement shocks and struts with springs already installed on the struts? My stockers are gone and squeaking really bad in the cold weather. I just want replacements for right now. not really in to the high performance unless I can get it cheap lol just need me something to get me by until this crappy weather goes away next year
Old 12-10-2016, 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

They don't make any with the spring already installed.
And what you are likely hearing is the swaybar D bushings since it sounds like you are getting it since its cold out. Spray the D bushings with some grease and see if the sound goes away before you waste time and money on something you don't need. - Also on that same note if you are buying oem replacements are are wasting money as well unless you are just looking to get something on the car to sell it quickly. You can get shocks that will vastly improve ride and feel and overall driving, but they won't be the OEM ones or ones you buy at autozone.
Old 12-10-2016, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

The cheap monroe from the auto parts store will get you by if thats all youre looking for.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Considering for the very short near-term a full set of Koni STR.T's are not much over $300 a SET, I think it's silly to spend $200 a set on something that is less good.

Can you get cheaper? Sure. But they don't work as well, and the price of full set of shocks @ $317.99 isn't exactly highway robbery.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: 99 trans am stock replacement shock/struts?