Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

looking for ABS delete info after 9 inch install

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 10:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

Default looking for ABS delete info after 9 inch install

I'm finding older threads but nothing new....assuming that maybe there is some new stuff out there. Basically looking for a vendor that sells the abs delete stuff. Have no idea how to do it or whats involved. installed a fab 9 and of course, the 4 channel doesn't work and I've tried the few basic things but like 95% of others, nothing worked. Worked before install, now it doesn't. just a few questions.....

If i simply just pull the fuse, i read you lose the brake bias and the car now becomes an undesireable 50/50 ratio. Is that true?

1-point me in the direction of where to get one, is sjm still the only option? Im looking for something i domt neec to flare
2- looking to try and pass pa inspection, and to do that, the warning lights can't be on but they must work. so how do i get the lights to turn on when you first start the car and then go off?
3-any tips on driving without abs? i kinda don't wanna delete it because once or twice i hit the brakes a little hard on smoothed out horse and buggy roads and the pedal pulses, so kinda helpful in a few situations.

Last edited by Floorman279; 01-20-2017 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Also looking for this info
Old 01-21-2017, 03:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 157 Likes on 128 Posts

only thing I'm finding is the sjm but people are saying you still have to flare lines which sounds stupid to spend 200 for just a line lock solenoid, proportioning valve and prebent hoses.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

This is the way I did it. You could not buy the kit if you didnt want to. Also, I didnt have trouble flaring regular lines, its trying to do the stock stainless lines thats hard as ****. Doing store bought lines was fairly easy.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...bs-delete.html
Old 01-23-2017, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Unfortunately flaring lines is the only option because the car comes with metric lines and fittings and the kit uses standard.

For me, I had no issues with this on the rear of the car. I did have trouble up front trying to use the stock braided lines that went into the abs module.

I ended up having to cut the braided line out. The rear lines worked, but the fronts leaked. So because I run Wilwoods up front I ended up buying new lines for the front. Not saying you'll have these issues, but it can happen.

Make sure you buy/rent a decent flare tool.

Quick Reply: looking for ABS delete info after 9 inch install