Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

C6 z06 calipers

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 z06 calipers

Hi! I am new here and not sure who is the biggest f-body nerd out there yet!

I am building my 2001 camaro and I am now at the point of a brake upgrade. I want to do a c6 Z06 conversion. Does anyone have an in-depth description of what I need to complete the swap? Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

There are far better options. Aside from selling parts like this, and running these car (and hard). I also own a C6Z. It's not the best caliper out there, and the pads are more expensive than pads for other options.

You need to think about the wheels you are going to run, because bigger calipers need bigger wheels. And then there is fitment. You can put together a "kit" from other parts, but typically need to shim calipers, run big spacers and such to make them fit. And the calipers are not matched to the master cylinder of this car either.

I have a kit that its under $1000, uses 4 piston Wilwood calipers, comes with pads, brake lines, rotors, everything but fluid you need. And I get your fluid too. And fits with 17" wheels too. Some spacer may be required depending on wheel design as no wheel with a flat spoke, like the Camaro SS wheels will clear a bigger caliper. But we have that all figured out too.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay thanks. I already have the wheels I will be running. How can I view your kit?
Old 02-13-2017, 12:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...=269&ModelID=7

There are a number of them on there. Includes the setup we put together as well as Wilwood, Stoptech too.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: C6 z06 calipers