Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Midwest Chassis TQ arm and vibration issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

You're guessing that the torque arm (bracket) is accurate to the pinion. Why would you assume such a thing? Measure the front and rear UJOINTS and stop measuring the driveshaft, it isn't relevant anyway. At least doing this the correct way will ensure you have successfully crossed this off your list of possible things wrong.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So with a 6 speed you pretty much have to expect some clunking? I've never had a 6 speed car with a TQ arm setup like this
Old 02-16-2017, 08:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Driving characteristics will determine that. You have to understand you went from mush mounted factory suspension items to now more solid mounted suspension.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 118 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfatls6
I talked with the guy today that I got the S60 rearend and driveshaft from and I was wrong the shaft is actually a strange chromoly that was purchased with the S60 the local driveshaft shop actually only checked the balance on it due to an issue with loosing a plastic piece located under the cap on one of the ujoints. I also installed my racestar wheels today and it actually got rid of most of the vibration. Weird deal I've never felt a tire balance issue feel like this vibration. Now I just need to get rid of the clunking from the Tq Arm.
What are the Recomendeed TQ specs for the TQ arm bracket to the rear end and the TQ arm attachment at the tunnel mount?
That's good the vibration gone. You have one of the good yokes. Some of the china forged yokes aren't cut right in the splines, so they have too much movement on the output shaft causing vibrations. That's what I meant in my previous post.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis
The outside diameter of the yoke is to small I would be willing to bet it measures 1.500 and it should be 1.503 causing your vibration we have seen it numerous times that is why we only use Sonnax yokes on t56 applications.
Ok so I've been chasing a vibration for a long time as well and can't find what it is. Now my yoke is a cast spicer brand for a 30 spline viper output shaft t56 built by the driveshaft shop, I wonder if this could be my problem
Old 04-17-2017, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by tyler ovel
Ok so I've been chasing a vibration for a long time as well and can't find what it is. Now my yoke is a cast spicer brand for a 30 spline viper output shaft t56 built by the driveshaft shop, I wonder if this could be my problem
It could be as there is so many companies out there that think just anything will work because of spline count. Now we don't do a ton of the Viper output stuff but after years with the T-56 and searching we found the proper yoke.

You may need to start taking measurements to find out.

Quick Reply: New Midwest Chassis TQ arm and vibration issue