Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

New Item: Strano Performance Parts Master Cylinder Brace for all 93-02 cars

Old 02-20-2017, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

LOVE IT. Ordered just now. Hope to see it by the weekend. :-)
Old 02-20-2017, 02:39 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I love it, and bought it today.

It's ~$100... that's no different than a stb or panhard bar, and there is probably more labor and time involved with making this.

To me, it's worth every last penny considering how much time I wasted bleeding my brakes thinking I had air in the lines all these years.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 156 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
It's not just a simple L bracket. There is time to cut, weld, coat, and other parts involved. And if it matters (and it might not), the simple L shaped ones for Subaru's are $99 and about 1/4 the size.

Now. This is cheaper than a set of SS brake lines. Hell, it's cheaper than set of decent pads. And this won't wear out.
Its still a little bit higher in price than i think it should be. However im 99%certain ill be ordering in a week. Ill just have to tell myself im not paying for the peice, im oaying for what the piece does.......if that makes sense.
The following users liked this post:
Coppertone (04-17-2020)
Old 02-20-2017, 05:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I think you had the light too close to the camera during the "after" part of the video. It looked like there was deflection that I think was distortion from heat coming off the light. It made it more difficult to tell what was firewall flex and what was heat distortion. Looks like a great product, though!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:24 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Saturn5
I think you had the light too close to the camera during the "after" part of the video. It looked like there was deflection that I think was distortion from heat coming off the light. It made it more difficult to tell what was firewall flex and what was heat distortion. Looks like a great product, though!

That's youtube's anti shaking adjustment it does to videos.
Old 02-20-2017, 07:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

A whole bunch of them left today. Some folks might even see them tomorrow. And I highly encourage those folks to come back and report.

I'm not going to argue the price thing. I take a lot of pride in offering good value for the money. I often find folks don't really think about how much is involved in making things from scratch. Design, testing, cost of parts, steel, coating, jigs, shipping, etc. And fwiw, this didn't make itself. It took us a while to get it, and get it where it was right and strong. I could have whipped up a little flimsy piece of steel, and told you to drill into the tower, or any number of other things. But that's not my style.

If you think it's too much, ok. Don't buy it. Nobody is making you. And yes, it's quite a bit more involved a tube of steel with two bushings on the ends.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-20-2017, 07:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

And yes, I know the video was not Hollywood quality. One take, no script, using my Ion Air Pro 3 by hand. If I had a fancy video, I'd charge more. I just wanted you guys and gals to see what was going on.

I think it did that.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 02-20-2017, 09:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts

As others said, I had no idea this was even a problem! Looks like a great product!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:47 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Just a little update, as I kind of just forgot about the Hotchkis STB's. I did not design this part to work around that style. Their brackets occupy the same location as the brake brace. And I completely forgot about that as pretty much everyone else's STB's are tubular style like UMI, SLP, etc.

It is impossible for me test every STB out there. It was built around and test fitted with a UMI brace on multiple cars.

I completely drew a blank on the other styles out there, though they seem to be far less common. If anyone has gotten one of these parts and has a Hotchkis 2003 or 2006 STB, you can look but it likely won't work. If you want to modify it that's up to you but if you try and install it and scratch it up I can't take it back. But I will if you have a non compatible brace.

However, given the difference with this which is far more tangible than a STB. I'd think about removing the STB or replacing it with a known compatible one like the UMI to get the best of both worlds.

Just wanted to be upfront on this, as it was just brought up and it just slipped my mind.

The following users liked this post:
Batmobile-WS6 (01-21-2021)
Old 02-21-2017, 07:06 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

It seems crazy to me that the master cylinder moves that much.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine ordered today.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:58 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will be ordering when I do my brake upgrade
Old 02-22-2017, 03:40 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Well my car has been without is since 1998.

No it's way beyond what a good bleed feels like. Just look at how much the MC moves. It's a hydraulic system, and you can bleed it forever, have every bit of air out of it, but like stepping in mud, or sand, when there isn't a solid base your foot sinks.

If you want firmer brakes, then you want this part. If you don't, well then you can skip it. But the firewall can and does oil-can and they have torn with time.
Maybe I'll grab one....thanks for the reply.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:43 AM
Banned

Just a little update, as I kind of just forgot about the Hotchkis STB's. I did not design this part to work around that style. Their brackets occupy the same location as the brake brace. And I completely forgot about that as pretty much everyone else's STB's are tubular style like UMI, SLP, etc.

It is impossible for me test every STB out there. It was built around and test fitted with a UMI brace on multiple cars.

I completely drew a blank on the other styles out there, though they seem to be far less common. If anyone has gotten one of these parts and has a Hotchkis 2003 or 2006 STB, you can look but it likely won't work. If you want to modify it that's up to you but if you try and install it and scratch it up I can't take it back. But I will if you have a non compatible brace.

However, given the difference with this which is far more tangible than a STB. I'd think about removing the STB or replacing it with a known compatible one like the UMI to get the best of both worlds.

Just wanted to be upfront on this, as it was just brought up and it just slipped my mind.
I bought my Hotchkis in 2002......will it work?

Its this one:

Attached Thumbnails New Item: Strano Performance Parts Master Cylinder Brace for all 93-02 cars-fullsizerender.jpg  

Last edited by LS6427; 02-22-2017 at 03:49 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might have to get this along with the set of stainless brake lines that I am fixing to order from you. I need to check out this movement on the firewall when pressing the brakes, that is crazy.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bought it yesterday, arriving today. LT1, with UMI strut brace.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by LS6427
I bought my Hotchkis in 2002......will it work?

Its this one:

Those are the part numbers, 2003 and 2006. And no, because of the bracket they use it won't work... at least not without a little modification.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Viper
Bought it yesterday, arriving today. LT1, with UMI strut brace.
Please report.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Darth Cypher
Might have to get this along with the set of stainless brake lines that I am fixing to order from you. I need to check out this movement on the firewall when pressing the brakes, that is crazy.
It is impressive. Like I said you can even see it, if you are tall enough with the hood open from the driver's seat. You can see the cap move up and down.

Old 02-22-2017, 03:37 PM
Banned

Those are the part numbers, 2003 and 2006. And no, because of the bracket they use it won't work... at least not without a little modification.

Can you tell me or somehow show me what the required modification would be to make it work?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Item: Strano Performance Parts Master Cylinder Brace for all 93-02 cars