Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Redesigns Lowering Springs for 4th Gen F-Body (SP001)

Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking BMR Redesigns Lowering Springs for 4th Gen F-Body (SP001)

BMR Fabrication Redesigns Lowering Springs for the 4th Generation F-Body

Improve the handling and cosmetic appeal of your 4th Gen without sacrificing ride quality with a set of redesigned Lowering Springs from BMR Fabrication. The front springs lower the vehicle by 1.25” and have a spring rate of 550 pounds per inch. The rear springs lower the vehicle by 1.25” and have a spring rate of 160 pounds per inch. Both springs are constructed from high tensile silicone chromium spring wire. A set of BMR Lowering Springs (SP001) will lower the center of gravity and dramatically increase the cornering capabilities of your F-Body. Front springs (SP002) and rear springs (SP003) also sold separately. Available in a red powdercoat finish.

As you can see from the image, the front spring is a linear design. The rear spring is a dual rate design.

The front springs weigh less than 16 pounds per pair. The rear springs weigh less than 12 pounds per pair.

Click here for pricing info:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-s...ody-sp001.html

IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP!!!

CALL BEFORE 4PM EST FOR SAME DAY SHIPPING

To preview all of BMR’s high-performance suspension parts, please visit www.bmrfabrication.com, email sales@bmrfabrication.com, or contact them at BMR Fabrication, 12581 US Highway 301 North, Thonotosassa, FL 33592, 813-986-9302, Fax: 813-986-8055.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 04-14-2009, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thumbs down

So you guys dropped your old design and decided to copy a real spring, congratulations. I'm guessing the old springs just weren't cutting it anymore? Sales weren't where you wanted them to be? Your a fairly large company and I'm sure you have to make money to keep going. But, this means using a company to make your springs that has this quote on their website, "Aggressively pursue cost reductions and eliminate waste to provide profitability for future growth of our employees and the company." I am now full of confidence in what you have made I bought an aftermarket SS hood, a copy of the original, It was a huge mistake not buying the real deal. A waste of money. Good job trying to out do the little guy after they absolutely destroyed you guys for so long. Sorry to tell you that the people on this site aren't stupid and know exactly what you guys are doing.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

Not to ***** a thread, but jesus dude, if you had something to say PM the guy, dont be a D-bag about it
Old 04-14-2009, 02:13 PM
TECH Resident

so are these like strano replica's
Old 04-14-2009, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blk98ls1
So you guys dropped your old design and decided to copy a real spring, congratulations. I'm guessing the old springs just weren't cutting it anymore? Sales weren't where you wanted them to be? Your a fairly large company and I'm sure you have to make money to keep going. But, this means using a company to make your springs that has this quote on their website, "Aggressively pursue cost reductions and eliminate waste to provide profitability for future growth of our employees and the company." I am now full of confidence in what you have made I bought an aftermarket SS hood, a copy of the original, It was a huge mistake not buying the real deal. A waste of money. Good job trying to out do the little guy after they absolutely destroyed you guys for so long. Sorry to tell you that the people on this site aren't stupid and know exactly what you guys are doing.
Actually, the old BMR front spring was 550 pounds per inch. The new front spring is 550 pounds per inch.

BMR has been making 550 pound per inch springs since before most LS1Tech sponsors started doing business.

The new rear spring has a spring rate of 160 pounds per inch. I am not aware of any other companies that make a rear 4th gen spring with the same spring rate.

The new springs have a 1.25" drop instead of a 1.00" drop. We received a lot of phone calls from BMR suspension customers asking for a 1.25" drop lowering spring.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 04-14-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So how much weight did the front springs drop going form a progressive spring rate to a linear rate?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
Actually, the old BMR front spring was 550 pounds per inch. The new front spring is 550 pounds per inch.

BMR has been making 550 pound per inch springs since before most LS1Tech sponsors started doing business.

The new rear spring has a spring rate of 160 pounds per inch. I am not aware of any other companies that make a rear 4th gen spring with the same spring rate.

The new springs have a 1.25" drop instead of a 1.00" drop. We received a lot of phone calls from BMR suspension customers asking for a 1.25" drop lowering spring.
Now what blackie98?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

It's too bad the old type still won't be available. Doesn't leave many choices for a 1 inch drop spring now days.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No you bought a "fiberglass" hood, which isn't a "copy" of the original. It's nothing close to the original materials.

I don't see the prob, they made a 1" spring. More people want 1.25" springs and a competitor is doing well selling those 1.25" springs. So what do you do if there's a market and your competition has an offering that you don't. You start making them!!!

It's not rocket science, and if businesses didn't "compete" they wouldn't be around very long would they?
Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

BMR- What are your guesses in terms of the spring dropping slightly more after settling in over a certain amount of time? Has anyone out there had these springs on their car for for a month or two?
Old 04-14-2009, 05:11 PM
12 Second Club

im also curious about how much more they could drop once they settle in over an amount of time.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:16 PM
Teching In

I know who Strano uses for their spring manufacturing and was pretty convinced to go that route but who builds yours? I am trying to make up my mind between the two brands now. Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 05:36 PM
TECH Addict

So if I have the previous version of springs and am unhappy with them (and have expressed that to you before with no real regard returned), is there any credit for moving to the newer version? (honest question, not sarcasm)
Old 04-14-2009, 06:38 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by bitchinfirechicken
I know who Strano uses for their spring manufacturing and was pretty convinced to go that route but who builds yours? I am trying to make up my mind between the two brands now. Thanks
Both companies have good springs. Either way, you'll probably be happy. However, BMR springs are $25 less expensive. Also, we have them in stock and we ship the same day that we receive the order.

Here is some other info:
BMR springs are manufactured in the USA by one of the oldest American spring manufacturers. Our spring manufacturer makes springs for many of the NASCAR teams. The high tensile silicone chromium steel used in BMR springs is specifically designed to rebound back to its original shape quicker than other steels. This is the same type of steel used by most NASCAR teams.

BMR has used a 550 pound per inch front spring for many years. Our new spring is still the same rate. However, the new spring has a 1.25" drop instead of a 1.0" drop.

The spring rate for the rear spring is now 160 pounds per inch instead of 170 pounds per inch. This spring also has a 1.25" drop.

BMR springs are the same weight as the other company's springs.

The BMR spring has an id of 2.56" on the lowest coil. The other brand has a smaller id (2.43"), so the spring doesn't fit well on the spring perch on the GM rear axle housing. The GM spring perch is 2.5".

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302

Last edited by BMR Suspension; 04-14-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

BMR- What are your guesses in terms of the spring dropping slightly more after settling in over a certain amount of time? Has anyone out there had these springs on their car for for a month or two?
Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude your a douche keep that kinda stuff private thats what pms are for...
Old 04-14-2009, 09:24 PM
12 Second Club

BMR do you have any pics of the new springs installed on cars, so i can see the ride height? Especially on a Trans am would be helpful! Thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

I am not a BMR spring owner but I want to say their responses in this thread have been very professional. I have my own opinions but this is not the place to say them nor do I have enough "real" knowledge to do so. Sometime it is better to keep your mouth shut.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by crzytown69
dude your a douche keep that kinda stuff private thats what pms are for...
+1 jesus christ... You know the BMR guy or something? Did he steal your lunch money as a kid?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know what I posted wasn't very popular, but I just want everyone to know what BMR is doing. You can view it however you like and make your own decision from there, but at least now you know.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BMR Redesigns Lowering Springs for 4th Gen F-Body (SP001)