Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front lower control arm bolt stuck in sleeve

Old 03-11-2017, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Front lower control arm bolt stuck in sleeve

I'm really stuck here.
I have a set of UMI tubular lower control arms on my 94 firebird. The car has started to get a bit loose and dart around a bit. I was checking out the front end and found that one of my control arm bushings is really worn out. I contacted UMI about getting replacement bushings, they told me that I would need to remove the bushing and get the number off the inner side of a bushing half!
This is my daily. :-(

I started the process of pulling the control arm to get the numbers to order a new bushing set, knowing that I will have to put it back together to have a vehicle, then take it apart again once I get the parts in.
I got everything apart except for the front bolt. It's stuck in the sleeve of the UMI poly bushing. I've beet the crap out if this thing and it won't budge. I'm thinking that I may have to cut the bolt, but then it will still be stuck in the control arm, AND I need to be able to drive it. I have no replacement bolt. I'll probably be putting it back together just so I can drive, having accomplished nothing. I really need to fix this.
any helpful suggestions?
I'm beyond frustrated at the moment.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front lower control arm bolt stuck in sleeve