Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque arm pivot link adjustment

Old 03-19-2017, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 196 Likes on 153 Posts

Default Torque arm pivot link adjustment

I notice that some torque arms have and adjustable pivot link in addition to the adjuster near were it bolts to the rear end. Is the adjustable pivot link needed to dial in pinon angle?

Last edited by 5.7stroker; 03-20-2017 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pinion angle....yes.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Pinion angle....yes.
So I can't adjust pinion angle with the spohn torque arm because it doesn't have an adjustable pivot link where it bolts to the cross member? A torque arm needs to have dual adjustment on it (front and rear) in order to dial in pinion angle?
Old 03-20-2017, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
So I can't adjust pinion angle with the spohn torque arm because it doesn't have an adjustable pivot link where it bolts to the cross member? A torque arm needs to have dual adjustment on it (front and rear) in order to dial in pinion angle?
I'm not familiar with the Spohn torque arm, so I can't help you, if that's what you have. I had a Random Technology torque arm, and it, like most others, had the "adjuster link", at the rear of the arm.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 5.7stroker
The purpose of the adjustable pivot link is to help with pinion angle in conjunction with the adjuster. Depending on ride height you may not be able to get enough adjustment with this the adjuster itself.

It also helps set instant center however with a torque arm that is a hole other discussion.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MidwestChassis2
The purpose of the adjustable pivot link is to help with pinion angle in conjunction with the adjuster. Depending on ride height you may not be able to get enough adjustment with this the adjuster itself.

It also helps set instant center however with a torque arm that is a hole other discussion.
Thanks for explaining. The more adjustment, the better!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Torque arm pivot link adjustment