Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Why won't these shops install my line lock?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why won't these shops install my line lock?

I have called a few speed shops and they do not want to install my line lock for me. They say it causes problems with the ABS system. Has anyone had problems with their ABS after an install?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:26 PM
10 Second Club

I've never had a problem. Just do the install yourself it's really simple. You can actually leave the line loose on the ABS block and blead it there to make things even simpler. Just take the cap off the resvoir and let the fluid gravity feed or put a rag around the top of the revoir and blow into it.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:08 PM
Teching In

Can you explain this gravity bleed a little more in detail?
Isn't there still some air at the ABS block?

Last edited by INUTHAT; 07-09-2004 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:50 AM
10 Second Club

When you take the old line off the ABS block the fluid will stay level at the top and not bleed down. Then you hook up all your new lines (takes 5 minutes if you get a kit with the lines already bent). When you put the new line on the ABS block just screw it in alittle bit so the air and fluid can bleed out around the fitting. Now take the cover off the resevoir and the fuid will start to bleed down (takes a while). If you want to speed things up put a rag around the top of the resvoir so you can make a seal between the resvoir and your mouth, then just blow gently. It wil push the fluid down to the fitting and eventually out the fitting, once this happens stop blowing and tap all the new brake lines real good. You should see little air bubbles escaping from the fitting. You can push some more fluid through just to make sure but once you think you have it all just tighten up the fitting and check you're brakes.

BTW: If you decide to bleed the brakes the normal way instead, you can do it with the car on the ground. Just turn the wheels all the way and put a hose on the bleeder.
Old 07-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Teching In

Thanks!! I installed all my wiring, switch & mounted the selenoid. However I cannot seem to loosen up the MS line nut without striping the head of the nut. Any ideas how to loosen it up. I don't want to use CRC screwloose for fear it might contaminate the brake fluid.

Last edited by INUTHAT; 07-09-2004 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

use a line wrench. It is a wrench made for taking off lines. If you are already using a line wrench, you will have to do your best. Good luck
Old 07-11-2004, 12:28 PM
10 Second Club

Those alumnium flare nuts can be trickey when using a regular wrench. I managed to do mine with regular wrenches but it sounds like yours are on pretty tight. If you havn't already gone out to buy flare nut wrenches you will need a 13mm for the factory lines and if you have the SLP LL kit you will need a 12mm for their fittings.
Old 07-11-2004, 06:57 PM
Teching In

I found that out. Had to run to Sears twice on Saturday. Everything worked out fine & I had to blow into the reservoir to move the fluid thru. Thanks again.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:07 PM
10 Second Club

I'm glad everything worked out for you.

Quick Reply: Why won't these shops install my line lock?