Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anyone w/ the lca's and phb from badz, i have a question.

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone w/ the lca's and phb from badz, i have a question.

hey guys, well i installed my lca's and phb a couple of weeks ago (very nice pieces btw) and they rattle like hell coming up my driveway. the one on the passanger side mostly. i have a gravel driveway. anyway i have retightened them and they arent going to get any tighter. is there anything i can do to fix this. i thought about trying to wrap the bolt in black tape or something like that to help deaden the sound. any ideas? other than that i love them. hook great
Old 07-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbeast
i thought about trying to wrap the bolt in black tape or something like that to help deaden the sound. any ideas?
They don't rotate on the bolt; the bolt only supplies the clamping force to hold the inner sleave. My stock LCA's were doing just what you describe, and I though I had tightened all the bolts well, but when I went back over them I found there was indeed one bolt that wasn't fully tightened.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i will try to tighten them again but i have them as tight as i can get them by hand. i will put the air ratchet on it and try again.thanks

Quick Reply: anyone w/ the lca's and phb from badz, i have a question.