Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Edelbrock LCA's YES or NO?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock LCA's YES or NO?

I ordered EDELBROCK LCA's from my work today. When the driver dropped them off, I couldn't help but open asap . Well, the first thing I noticed was that they must be 10LBs each side (Isn't that heavy?) But very strong .120 thick powdercoated boxed steel. So my question is, would you install them, even though your adding weight to the car? or does it not really matter, because what it will do to the car, will make up for the weight? Thanks
Old 07-17-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

20 lbs for a set of control arms sounds extremely heavy. My .120" steel tublular arms only weigh 7.5lbs.
Old 07-17-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, weigh them first. When I opened my chome-moly LCA's I thought they were very heavy. They weigh about the same as or a little less than the stock ones. I'd say put them on. The added rigidity is worth the extra weight.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by needmoremoney
I ordered EDELBROCK LCA's from my work today. When the driver dropped them off, I couldn't help but open asap . Well, the first thing I noticed was that they must be 10LBs each side (Isn't that heavy?) But very strong .120 thick powdercoated boxed steel. So my question is, would you install them, even though your adding weight to the car? or does it not really matter, because what it will do to the car, will make up for the weight? Thanks
I put them on this morning, what a simple install . There weight is 8 1/2 pounds each, so the hell with it, I put them on, I hope I notice some sort of difference. The quality of these compared to the stock ones are night and day, I hope I can do this now . thanks
Old 07-18-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Regular

I put them on this morning, what a simple install . There weight is 8 1/2 pounds each, so the hell with it, I put them on, I hope I notice some sort of difference. The quality of these compared to the stock ones are night and day, I hope I can do this now . thanks
Thought I would come back and post my comment on these LCA's. What a difference they made. Accelerating off a dead stop, the car just wants to go, and for some strange reason the 1-2 shift, the tire will chrip now . Im very happy....
Old 07-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Teching In

if it makes that much of a difference, stop eating twinkies My spohn LCAs felt lighter that stock.
Old 07-19-2004, 07:33 AM
TECH Resident

Question

Did you weigh the stock ones to compare ?
Old 07-19-2004, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JayLS1-327
Did you weigh the stock ones to compare ?
The stock ones were a little bit lighter, but at some point you have to sacrifice weight for some better mods...

Quick Reply: Edelbrock LCA's YES or NO?