Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SFC / Strut Tower Brace

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SFC / Strut Tower Brace

i receintly installed some SFC and was AMAZED by the difference they made! My question is will a Strut Tower Brace make AS MUCH an impact on the car as the SFC's did?

thanks for your opinions.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its possible....but sway bars i think would do more however....since the SFC's work the middle of the car...your gonna feel it there more because when you turn...thats where all that pressure is being put....toward the middle of the car...STB's are very popular and do stiffen the body a bit more...

i say get some sway bars but thats just my .02

then theres other suspension thatll help out our launch like LCA's and Torque Arm and Adj. PHR those are very popular for putting the power to the ground
Old 07-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I dont know if an STB will make as much of a difference as SFCs, but they do make a difference in ftont-end stiffness and turn-in.

I just put in a Hotchkis STB and noticed an improvement. The front feels a little more solid over the rough roads around here. I dont have SFCs yet, but I think I am doing that next.

Sway bars will improve handling but they do nothing for structural integrity. I'd say do both STB and sway bars. If you are tight on money and can only do one, sway bars may give a more noticeable improvement. It will be an improvement in handling and not in structural rigidity.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With that amount of money you could've done shocks, which would've been MUCH bigger improvement. stb/sfc's make the nose follow orders a big quicker, but the rest of the body is still a slow disobeying fatty. Koni's 'lose' 1000lbs from the car, that's how much better it feels. Call Strano Parts, they will blow your mind with knowledge.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:39 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

STB and SFCs are for structural stiffnes and a small improvement in tip-in.

Shocks/springs/swaybars/etc are for improving handling, but its a good idea to have a solid foundation first.

Quick Reply: SFC / Strut Tower Brace