Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Please Help with a Suspension Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Please Help with a Suspension Problem

Hey guys, I have been having a problem with my rear suspension for a while now. Whenever, I go over a bump in the road, or an uneven road, I get a rattling clunking noise from the right rear and it feels as if the right rear tire is bouncing over the bumps--meaning like the right lifts up and comes back down. My rear suspension mods include the Madman LCAs and Panhard bar with rod ends. All of the bolts on these are tight, and I dont think the rod ends have gone yet as this started when I had only had them in for 1k miles in about 3 months. Over the last 3 months, it has gotten worse. Before I start taking things off, I just wanted to hear other guesses as for what to look at. Thanks
Old 07-18-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rod end LCA's can clunk. If there is excessive clearance or wear on the rod end, they will really clunk. Other than that, you may have a dead shock on the right rear. I'd pull them off and swap them and see if the problem stays or goes. If it stays, swap the LCA's. If it still stays, more research will be required.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump....bump....push