Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

K Member's: PA/BMR/AJE ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 04:33 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K Member's: PA/BMR/AJE ????

Are there any of these that have problems with street and Strip use? Looking for info on them seems limited. Any fitment issues, especially from those installed themselves.

Thanks.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Teching In

I have the BMR.... Fitment was not a problem and I installed it myself with the engine still in the car.... although i suggest you replace it when the motor is out as it will be a ton easier... if not just get a few jackstands and support the motor in multiple places and it will just bolt right in... The only problems i had were the motor mounts were not exactly lining right up so i had to "convince" them to go in.... it was a PITA but it's probably because i have solid motor mounts with zero give and no problem with the BMR K-mbr.... Hope this helps....
Old 07-27-2004, 03:12 AM
Restricted User

Yes, it helps, thanks. I have been wanting to find out if anyone had an AJE, but, no replies, so any info on any K member for Street and Strip use is appreciated.

Thanks again.

Charlie
Old 07-27-2004, 07:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do to a number of reasons I've owned all three. The BMR is the one I installed in my car. My primary thoughts on them:

The BMR was the one total setup that looked "beefy" enough to stand up to a street car. A-arms and the a-arm mounting points look much stronger than the others. The incorperated lower motor mounts are a big plus.

The AJE k-member is a nice piece, but the a-arms are build lightweight. I like the k-member nearly as much as the BMR. I had originally plan to run it with the BMR control arms, but found out BMR was releasing a k member and decided to go with it.

The PA k-member and arms are built very lightweight. It's probably good piece for a race car or a car that see's limited street use.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just got done installing the BMR K-Member along with the upper and lower A-Arms...The weight reduction is impressive...
As far as the ride goes...The car feels a little lighter in the front when you hit WOT...The front end comes up a little more and it handles like no other...
There were no fitment issues what so ever when installing the K-Member or the A-Arms...
Hope this helps

Kevin
Old 07-28-2004, 03:22 AM
Restricted User

Isnt the BMR a MS only piece, or do they have a CM one? I want max weight savings, but maintain strength, thats why I looked at AJE. So far, one month of emailing AJE and no response..no customer service = no business from me. I guess I will relook the BMR piece. Thanks much guys.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CAT3
Isnt the BMR a MS only piece, or do they have a CM one? I want max weight savings, but maintain strength, thats why I looked at AJE. So far, one month of emailing AJE and no response..no customer service = no business from me. I guess I will relook the BMR piece. Thanks much guys.
Why do companys do that? That is my places don't make it...
Old 07-28-2004, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

Default Pa Unit

Pa builds there units in drag or Road Race, they also will build you what ever your looking for as of custom units. www.paracing.com
Old 07-28-2004, 11:43 AM
12 Second Club

fyi- i think there is another thread like this currently going on in the drag racing section with info on AJE and billinsley (sp) front suspension stufF

HERE YA GO

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/197144-trying-choose-k-member-fitment-weight-savings.html