Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR Panhard Relocation Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR Panhard Relocation Kit

Has anyone tried this out? what kind of results?
Old 07-26-2004, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You mean the upper PHR relocation kit? If so, I would like to see some details as well.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:47 AM
Launching!

In a different section there was a thread about using this to run 3" dual exhaust pipes. Don't know if anyone has gotten it yet though.
Old 07-27-2004, 01:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
You mean the upper PHR relocation kit? If so, I would like to see some details as well.
Yes,
This kit replaces the upper panhard rod support and relocates the panhard rod allowing enough room for up to dual 3" exhaust routing over the axle. Heavy duty tubular upper panhard rod support mounts in the original panhard rod location. New heavy duty brackets bolt to existing mounting holes and lower the panhard rod while maintaining the correct geometry.

Old 07-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Well, that was straight off of their website, but I think you were looking more for real-world results. I have mine sitting on the floor of my living room waiting to go in...I'm waiting on some bolts to come in before I go and tackle this, as it will be done concurrently with my BADZ LCAs and PHR. If I can get the bolts by Friday, it'll be in this weekend. Otherwise, it'll be next weekend.

Regardless, I'll let you know how it goes. If you have any questions, just send me a PM so I can keep track of who has what questions, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Steve
Old 08-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Please stand by for pics of this...just got it installed over the weekend. I need to get a compact flash card reader since I can't find my camera software anywhere...

Overall, it went in very easy...lined right up, and gives a good deal more clearance for exhaust work.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd be interested to hear how the corner-handling of your car changes after doing this. If the lower panhard rod is relocated also, that will lower the roll center of the car and change the way that the springs and shocks work on the rear of the car.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

That bracket does not look strong enough to lower the PHB. I suspect I'd break that (as would many others). But, I'm basing that on the pic that seems to have located the phb about 1" lower. Just a guess, but I have not seen it in person. It just looks lighter than the stuff I've seen from other places.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by trackbird
That bracket does not look strong enough to lower the PHB. I suspect I'd break that (as would many others). But, I'm basing that on the pic that seems to have located the phb about 1" lower. Just a guess, but I have not seen it in person. It just looks lighter than the stuff I've seen from other places.
Two more things:

1) An accompanying weld-on drop bracket for the axle side would be nice - to level the PHR.

2) I'd be curious of the clearance between the PHR and the relocation bracket near the body-side attach point. Even with the factory hat-section it gets pretty tight down there when you compress the rear suspension (especially when you're lowered).
Old 08-10-2004, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
Please stand by for pics of this.
Steve, I'm not getting any younger here...where's them pics.
BTW, I'd get one just because it looks .

Al
Old 08-10-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DARK AGE 53
Steve, I'm not getting any younger here...where's them pics.
BTW, I'd get one just because it looks .

Al

Roadkill would dig it.....
Old 08-11-2004, 05:14 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by trackbird
What other places make this!
Old 08-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Well, let me get my compact flash card reader first, and I'll get the pics posted as soon as I can

The PHB is definitely not level on my car now...it dips down towards the passenger side, just as you would expect. Although I do not take my car to the limits in corners (it is a daily driver and is driven as such), I have not noticed any difference in cornering doing some spirited driving around town. The rear end does feel a little loose, but I'm attributing that to the rear sway. I put on a ST 35mm front bar at the same time I did all this (BADZ panhard, LCAs, BMR relocation kit, and ST 35mm front bar), and I would personally like a little more rear bar.

As for the bracket itself, to me, it seemed to be alright to me, but yeah, it might not do so well with a lot of road racing or auto x abuse. The loads are definitely not going to be the same as they were before since the PHR is being relocated, but time will tell. I wouldn't be worried about tear out as much as I would about it bending the already existing body mounts since the PHR also get moved slightly to the rear of the car (because of how you have to put the brackets on).

Let me get some pics, and I'll take some requests after I get them posted up for other, more detailed pics if you need them. I have access to a lift, so it is really no big deal to get it up on one to snap some quick photos.

Any other questions? I'm more than happy to be the guinea pig here...as long as we all learn something, everyone will be better off in the long run.

Steve
Old 08-11-2004, 07:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by FattdaddyWS6
What other places make this!
I'll send you a PM.