Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Sportlines in Third Gen camaro..Too low??

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportlines in Third Gen camaro..Too low??

Im installing an LS1 in my 92 Camaro and I got all new suspension parts, and I bought Ebaich Sportlines. Well yesterday I installed my rear end and lowered it down to the ground, and it was real low. The problem is I have no motor or k-member up front so I cant get a real good idea of what the car would look like cuz its on jackstands up front. I lowered the front as much as I could, but still its hard to tell, plus its in a garage...so either way its hard to tell what the final product will look like. I dont want the car absolutly slammed to the ground, which is what I fear what it will look like. Anybody have any ideas on how this will look?
Old 07-29-2004, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

IMO, Sportlines ARE too low. Before my suspension upgrade, I was considering Sportlines becuase I figured the lowest springs would yield the highest performance (best cornering) because they would give the lowest center of gravity.

But my friend luckily got his before I ordered mine and it looked too slammed for my taste. Also, guys with those have remarked here on the board that they bottom out in the rear all too often.

I've got the BMR springs, and while the quality of other BMR susp components has come under fire lately, I stand by the BMR springs (and no other BMR product) because I've never really bottomed out in the rear. With the BMR's the rear only has a couple inches of travel, so I could imagine with the sportlines, the axle would live really close to the bump stops all the time.

If I've convinced you, I'm sorry you've already made your purchase.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well if i need to I can always take em out and sell them, they are brand new. I just have to figure out if I want to get rid of em and get new ones or what. Im still not sure. Thanks for your imput.

Quick Reply: Sportlines in Third Gen camaro..Too low??