Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

DMS Lowering Springs & Bilstein HD Shocks *Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DMS Lowering Springs & Bilstein HD Shocks *Pics*

I finally had a chance to take some descent pictures of the car after swapping out the stock shocks/springs with DMS springs and Bilstein HD shocks. All I can say is wow! I should have done this years ago. I have no idea what GM was thinking about when they raised the car so high but I'm glad I finally lowered it.

Installation wasn't so hard but then again I lucked out and my stock shock bolts weren't rusted and came off with ease. Rear shock/springs took about 1 1/2 hours but only because I was taking pictures along the way. Fronts took me 2 afternoons but only because I broke the upper ball joint on the driver's side. I rented the Autozone spring compressors and had no problems with them.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

After I lowered it, I took the car in to get an alignment and then took it on a small road trip. First noticeable difference is how stiffer everything feels. At high speeds the car felt more stable and I could definitely feel that it handled better. Wheel hop is not present but then again, the rear didn't drop down as much as the front did hence the raked look that the DMS springs give you. As of now I see no need to purchase an adjustable PHR or relocation brackets. I'm still contemplating on whether I should remove the rear isolators, but for now I'll wait for the rear to settle down a bit more and take things from there.

Clearance is not a problem even with my FLP headers. I have yet to scrape on anything but then again I haven't gone over many larger speed bumps. Its hard getting adjusted to driving a lowered car since now I have to watch now far I pull into parking spots as to not hit the concrete parking blocks.

Over all I'm quite please with how everything turned out.

For High Res images, visit the ALBUM

Last edited by lswon; 08-04-2004 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2004, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks GREAT! If you bought the springs from a sponsor, please specify. If not, please PM me with the info.

-Mike
Old 08-04-2004, 09:00 PM
Staging Lane

I don't see them on the sponsor list, so PM sent.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

That looks good, I want to get a DMS kit too but Im thinking that the rear may be a little too high for me.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Its easy enough to take out the rear isolators I'll probably end up doing it but just giving this a shot for a couple weeks.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

where did you get them, and how much do the DMS springs drop the car? im in dire need of a lowering!! lol
Old 08-04-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good. Thats what the back of my car looks like now too, but a little higher. I am hoping it will drop with time. If not I am going to shave or remove the isolators and use some heater hose.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 02blackws679ta
where did you get them, and how much do the DMS springs drop the car? im in dire need of a lowering!! lol
I got them from Dynamic Motorsports in California.

Front - 1.5" drop
Rear - .75" drop ( not that much)
Old 08-12-2004, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

how can i remove the isolators? i need to do this ans would liek to know the easiest way to do this...

TIA J
Old 08-12-2004, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have DMS springs and they ride great! I had to cut my rear springs to get the car to sit the way that I wanted it to.

Quick Reply: DMS Lowering Springs & Bilstein HD Shocks *Pics*