Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Proper way to bleed front brakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Proper way to bleed front brakes

Whats the proper way to bleed the front brakes? I just replaced the pads & had to open the valve screw to let the pressure out so I could push the pistons all the way down. I bled the brakes three times. the two man method. Now my line lock want hold unless you pump the brakes 2-3 times before you try to use the line lock. We even tried bleeding the line lock. Am I missing something here?
Old 08-05-2004, 04:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Typically, you don't have to open the sytem to move the piston...a c-clamp or even your own strength usually moves it quit easily.

The easiest way is to use a pressure diaphram bleeder where your adding pressure from the master cyl side...it's a matter of opening each valve from furthest to near until you don't see bubbles in the valve bleeder tube.

Assuming you don't have one, the next best way is the two man method though you need to be both performing it in a coordinated mannor. There is a one man pressure bleeder tool you can use, though never used one...I use the diaphram method.

I suppose if you want to get creative, you can take a master cyl cap, put a compressor fitting on it and dial the compressor down to ~5psi. This setup is sort of a poor mans version of a the diaphram method. That will work also though you need to be certain you don't run out of fluid in your master cyl.

Good luck.

Steve