Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Relocation brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Relocation brackets?

Is it necessary to get these brackets when you lower a 2000 SS. Want the Eibach Pro Kit. And exactly what is the purpose of these?
Old 08-23-2004, 02:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You are def going want the relocation brackets if you would like to keep your traction. When you lower a F-Body car you change the geometry of the control arm, or in other words you change the control arm angle. For best results you want the control arm paralell with the ground or a few degrees downward. By adding the relocation brackets it allows you place the control arm back in the original position before it was lowered. Otherwise with out them your traction is pretty much terrible and handling decreased. There is no problem at all driving with out them, they are used as a traction device. Hope that helps

Regards,
Ryan
Old 08-23-2004, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info!
Old 08-23-2004, 08:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not get them until you have driven the car. I have Hotchkis springs. The drop is only 1", not enough to where I need relocation brackets. I noticed no loss of traction or wheel hop. I may end up getting them soon anyways, but they are not needed. For your Eibachs, I would guess that you will probably get them right away, but they may not be necessary.
Old 08-23-2004, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

I agree with Ferocity02, wait until they are installed. I have 1LE springs, which is only a 3/4" drop, but I definatly need them, since my LCA's are angled up towards the axle. You may or may not need them.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
You are def going want the relocation brackets if you would like to keep your traction. When you lower a F-Body car you change the geometry of the control arm, or in other words you change the control arm angle. For best results you want the control arm paralell with the ground or a few degrees downward. By adding the relocation brackets it allows you place the control arm back in the original position before it was lowered. Otherwise with out them your traction is pretty much terrible and handling decreased. There is no problem at all driving with out them, they are used as a traction device. Hope that helps

Regards,
Ryan

What else changes that needs correction when you lower a f car?? I know you need an alignment and all, but do you need caster/camber plates?? a bumpsteer kit for the tie rods?? and what about the pinion and driveshaft angles, how much do they change?? Assuming I was using a Eibach kit. Thanks