Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

lowering car, now problems?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lowering car, now problems?!

i recently put the eibach pro kit springs in my car with the stock shocks/struts.

1. i first noticed a noise that you can sort of feel on the floorboard of the passenger side while driving. it only happens when i go over a bump and it does not happen on the drivers side. any ideas of what this could be?

2. Also when i go over a large bump or railroad track the rear end now slams down pretty hard. will putting in a new set of shock/struts improve this? if so what kind? if not is there anything else i can do to help improve this?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot
Old 08-24-2004, 10:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by whltews6
i recently put the eibach pro kit springs in my car with the stock shocks/struts.

1. i first noticed a noise that you can sort of feel on the floorboard of the passenger side while driving. it only happens when i go over a bump and it does not happen on the drivers side. any ideas of what this could be?

2. Also when i go over a large bump or railroad track the rear end now slams down pretty hard. will putting in a new set of shock/struts improve this? if so what kind? if not is there anything else i can do to help improve this?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks alot

How many miles do you have on your deCarbons? They usually good for a few thousand miles if they're fairly new. But if they're worn out to start with. Your car is gonna ride like ***.

That smacking your feeling is more than like the rear bump stop. It's more than likely time for you to get a new set of shocks.

Bilsteins seem to be the most popular ones..

Good Luck..
Old 08-24-2004, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A few more things to check, make sure you have the rear springs positioned correctly and if the rearends off center you'll probably want to install an adjustable panhard rod.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eibach springs are really soft, so the rear may be a little bouncy. New shocks will definitly help this.
Old 09-11-2004, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whitews6,
Check to see if you are hitting the bumpstops. You might have to trim them down a little. That's probably what's giving the banging problems.