Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What do i modify for hals shocks to fit the front

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do i modify for hals shocks to fit the front

Ok im going to replace the front shocks with hal adj and i have heard that you need to modify the spring seat to make stock/aftermarket springs to fit. I dont want to use their springs. I thought i seen an install of them but dont know where, anyone have a link or pics of what to modify. Also wondering if you can lower the front end using the stock springs or whould i have to get different springs to drop the front(im talking 1/2"-1") any help would be great. Oh i understand there are two different hal shocks anyone have the part numbers. I know one is called R and i have read that the rebound is controlled better than the other ones. Any price difference between them
Old 09-02-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

BMR makes a spring seat kit that allows you to use your existing srpings. Id look into that. Id dosent matter how low the lowering springs you buy drop the car. HAL's are adjustable and you can adjust the ride heigth on them.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

you could buy that bmr spring seat but it cost $100. and the hal springs also cost $100. so why dont you just spend the $100 and get new springs and sell your old ones for some cash. either way you have to shell out $100 so you might as well get some new springs out of it. just my .02