Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anyone with true duals....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question anyone with true duals....

I was looking for a little help with a set of springs to use with pacesetter lt's and tsp td set up. I currently have sportlines with zero clearence and need to change them out. What is everyone using on their car and how is the clearence?
Old 09-04-2004, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/210279-prokit-2-5-true-duals-pics.html
Old 09-04-2004, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the link, I knew that I had seen something on that not to long ago. It looks like the pro kit is alot higher than the sportlines but still sits nice, do you have any problems getting in and out of places or bottoming out while driving? The sportlines looked great but rode like crap.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Hotchkis, 1" drop, 3" duals, and absolutley no way in hell of getting over any speed bump. I may have to go back to y-pipe
Old 09-05-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by fasthwks
Thanks for the link, I knew that I had seen something on that not to long ago. It looks like the pro kit is alot higher than the sportlines but still sits nice, do you have any problems getting in and out of places or bottoming out while driving? The sportlines looked great but rode like crap.
So far I haven't had any issues at all. Not to brag, but we did one helluva job tucking the exhaust up as high as we could. No banging or vibrating issues either.

As for bottoming out, I haven't scrapped once. But I've also been avoiding large speed bumps too. The prokit offers a great drop, and if your exhaust is done correctly. You should be fine.

Last edited by Z28Venom; 09-06-2004 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2004, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

I put the car up to stock height and have scraped several times today. The sound is sweet but I really do not like the clearence issue and hate the stock height! I am not sure what to do, maybe I need to see if I can get it up higher or I may go back to a y set up. The roads in Ohio are not bad but I have not even found the worst ones and I am already scraping on good ones.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:12 AM
TECH Addict

Do you have any pics of your exhaust setup?
Old 09-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Staging Lane

Its a fact...

If you lower the car... there will always be places you can't go over on. There will be places you will scrape. Its cause and effect.

If you install true duals after lowering the car... you can start avoiding more things like high driveways, Your breakover angle becomes ridiculously close to nothing. So stay away from speed bumps and even dips.

I have the PRO kit, hals along with the true duals all the way back. The exhaust goes UNDER the axle... My car isn't a daily driver so I only drive it on familiar roads. I can go over most speed bump but you have to do it really carefully or at least sideways.

Quick Reply: anyone with true duals....