Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Stock ride height and anybody elese think their nose is higher than the rear ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 09:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock ride height and anybody elese think their nose is higher than the rear ?

I didn't measure before, but after I put Koni SAs on the front, I am at 27.75" from ground to fender at center of wheel wells all around, except my rt. front is 27.5". Before, my nose definitely looked higher than the rear- rake the wrong way! Stock springs, just switched front shocks and run Bilstein HDs in back.

Curious how other people's car measure with stock springs and whether others have had the nose higher than the rear. I do have AC delete and no front bumper reinf (though + strut brace), but that can't be it, I don't think.

Bottom line, I still don't like the look, as I think a little rake (about 0.5") rear to front looks (works?) best.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you have to keep in mind the fact that the front and rear fenders are shaped differently. In the rear, you only have to worry about bump while the wheel stays straight, even in a corner. In the front, you have to worry about bump while under full braking while turning the wheel...this causes more travel up front than you would see in the rear. For this reason, the front fender is shaped to accomodate that...for me, I have less of a fender gap in the rear than in the front to achieve a level look to the car (as measured by the front and back parts of my subframe connectors). If you had the same wheel gap all around (which I have at one time), your car would actually be slightly raked. Get the picture? I'm not the best in the world at explaining this stuff...
Old 09-05-2004, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, thanks, you make total sense. I'll look more at whole car than the fender gaps.
Old 09-05-2004, 05:22 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I originally guaged my car's ride height based off of the fender gaps, and I had them about equal. Up close, it looked pretty good, but from a distance (like walking out to my car in the parking lot), it looked a bit raked, and I wanted it more level. Luckily for me, I have a Ground Control kit, so I just lowered it to my liking.

Quick Reply: Stock ride height and anybody elese think their nose is higher than the rear ?