Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

CTS-V brakes on a F-body.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V brakes on a F-body.

So I go to the local caddy dealer and they have a CTS-V in. So i go check it out, and HOLY CRAP, its has the most awesome brakes i've ever seen.

Does anybody know if you can convert the 6 lug cts brakes to fit a f-body, i'm sure you would have to change the spindles and all, but I think it would be worth it if you could find some for a good price.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by D Rock
So I go to the local caddy dealer and they have a CTS-V in. So i go check it out, and HOLY CRAP, its has the most awesome brakes i've ever seen.

Does anybody know if you can convert the 6 lug cts brakes to fit a f-body, i'm sure you would have to change the spindles and all, but I think it would be worth it if you could find some for a good price.
I'd just get some vette brakes, they are probably too expensive since there are so few cts-v. I know nothing about the brake system on that car, but aren't they enormous? I think you will probably need some pretty big front wheels.

-Todd
Old 09-13-2004, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are 14inch brembos. I have 18 inch timeless 5s so i'm not really that worried about them fitting.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by D Rock
They are 14inch brembos. I have 18 inch timeless 5s so i'm not really that worried about them fitting.
heh, guess you got that covered then. Brembos prob mane lotsa $$, but they are probably very, very, very good.

-Todd
Old 09-13-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Say if I could get the front brakes off of one for 1000 dollars, are their any comparable brakes for the same price. After thinking about it I don't think I can convert the rear axles to 6 lug.
Old 09-13-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Aren't the Z06 brakes less than that. I know you can get some stock vette ones for less than that. The V's are definatly better than the vettes, but the Z06's are bad-***, but probably a little worse. I think the V's for 1000 is a good deal, especially considering the price of a brembos new for our cars (like 2400 for four wheels)

-Todd
Old 09-16-2004, 08:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The V brakes are made by brembo for cadillac.

If you want ultimate stopping power, in a not-so-tough-to-swallow-price, I reccommend the stoptech kit.

Quick Reply: CTS-V brakes on a F-body.