Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Witch K member

Old 09-17-2004, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Witch K member

I did a search but got a lot of bs searches with the letter K in them. I am going to order one today along with my pistons, rings and rods. Just what to know if there are any fitment problems with the BMR or the PA. The PA is a little lighter than the BMR. If anyone has eather one please post up and tell me how u like it and if u did the install with the motor in or out of the car. Also if there is any modding i will have to do to get it to fit right.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the BMR in my car. Did it while the motor was out (engine swap). No modding was needed. Wheel alignment will be needed (you probably already knew that).

Note - put the 2 steering rack bolts in before the k-member is bolted up to the engine. Otherwise there's not enough room to get them in.

The tranny angle is off a bit. It points 4 degrees down. Don't know if it's because of the k-member, or the poly mounts, or what... I'm told the stock angle is more like zero. I didn't measure it beforehand.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:43 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the BMR and no issues as of yet I put the driverside steering rack bolt in from bottom so if I ever need to remove it I don't have to drop the K-member or raise the motor etc... to get the steering rack out. They only put those in that way in case the nut was to fall off but it is not likely becuse it is a lock nut and with the passenger side in from the top would keep you going if some thing were to happen.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Couldn't be any happier with my BMR K-Member and A-Arms...I would suggest if you are gunna do the K-Member you mine as well get the A-Arms too...Definetely a good mod IMO...

Kevin
Old 09-18-2004, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

how much is an adv install price. Kinda looks like alot of work to put one in. Any write ups on it, is it easy to put in. Just to let you know i had a 72 elcamino that i installed the motor,trans,rear and all the suspension so i know i could do it but wondering if its worth getting my hands dirty if the install price is not too bad...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Witch K member