Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

looking for STB and SFC and Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2004, 02:17 PM
7 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking for STB and SFC and Torque Arm

I'm looking for the the best sfc and torque arm....the stb...well that cant get very complicated so ill go with the heavy duty BMR...but i would like some opinions on the SFC's and the TA's
Old 09-20-2004, 05:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm also very interested in this. Right now I'm thinkin' of going with all BMR: their $120 chromoly STB (I was gonna get the Xtreme, but figured it's overkill and pointless), their boxed chromoly weld-in SFC's, their boxed LCA's, and their non-adjustable torque arm for ~$200.

Anyone think those are good choices?
Old 09-20-2004, 06:04 PM

There have been some issues with the BMR torque arm breaking. Check this forum for the thread. I just installed the BMR Tubular weld in SFC's and love them.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hotchkins is another fine company out there.

-Todd
Old 09-21-2004, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

I've never heard of their non adjustable torque arm having any problems? I have their extreme torque arm and couldn't be happier!the thread with the guy who broke the used torque arm he bought from a buddy who couldn't remeber where he bought it from had tooo many grey areas in my opinion to make any calls on what exactly happened but to each his own
Old 09-22-2004, 02:53 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have bmr boxed sfc, and love them...tucked up better than i thought they would...speed inc. does great work
Old 09-22-2004, 05:41 AM
9 Second Club

I dont like SLP. But they make badass sfc's. The fit perfect. Weld in
Old 09-22-2004, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they will work on your car, go with the Kenny Brown DD SFC. They are they best out there. I don't know if they will work with your SLP's though.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:06 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gettinthere
If they will work on your car, go with the Kenny Brown DD SFC. They are they best out there. I don't know if they will work with your SLP's though.
That really depends on your definition of the best. They are triangulated, and tuck up very nicely, but compared to the SLP subframes (which are also triangulated), they look rather flimsy. I personally would not use the DDs as a jacking point...my SLPs, on the other hand, are VERY beefy, and I have no problems jacking my car up on them. You can even do it NASCAR style (jack in the middle, the whole side comes up). You will lose ground clearance though, although my headers hang slightly lower than them.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:43 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I went with the SLP weld in SFC's because they looked to be the strongest thing out there. You'll lose about an inch of ground clearance, but it's not that big of a deal. After having them installed, the car is much tighter, better feeling than the day it left the dealer. I also went with a spohn tq. arm, it removes the rear tailshaft as the pivot point, and uses it's own chassis mounted brace, that alos has a D.S> safety loop built in. I've been very happy with it. There's been quite a few people running real good at the 1/4 with this tq. arm, and I have yet to hear about anyone breaking one. Street manners are good too.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
That really depends on your definition of the best. They are triangulated, and tuck up very nicely, but compared to the SLP subframes (which are also triangulated), they look rather flimsy. I personally would not use the DDs as a jacking point...my SLPs, on the other hand, are VERY beefy, and I have no problems jacking my car up on them. You can even do it NASCAR style (jack in the middle, the whole side comes up). You will lose ground clearance though, although my headers hang slightly lower than them.

I ahev no problem jacking my car up on my KB's. I haven't tried it NASCAR style though.........

Quick Reply: looking for STB and SFC and Torque Arm