Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Problem with new Brembo Blanks--FYI

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with new Brembo Blanks--FYI

For those planning on ordering these from TireRack, I just got some, and the bolt holes were ,
      So, basicly they didnt fit and are going back to TireRack. Since I had teh car torn down, and really needed to do the brakes today, I ended up getting a set of Wagners from Oreillys for $48 a peice. TireRack was very nice and gave me no hassle at all about a refund, they said they would even refund the shipping. Just an FYI.
      Old 09-22-2004, 07:09 PM
      TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kjac081
      For those planning on ordering these from TireRack, I just got some, and the bolt holes were ,
          So, basicly they didnt fit and are going back to TireRack. Since I had teh car torn down, and really needed to do the brakes today, I ended up getting a set of Wagners from Oreillys for $48 a peice. TireRack was very nice and gave me no hassle at all about a refund, they said they would even refund the shipping. Just an FYI.
          I even have a set of brembo blanks on my rear and have absoluty no problems with it (other than that the center hub needed to be painted to prevent rust from the rain)
          Old 09-22-2004, 10:34 PM
          TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I"ve run 2 sets so far, no problems. Everyone can have an off day. I suspect they were mis-boxed. Possibly a BMW bolt pattern (it is slightly smaller than ours) or some other similar vehicle, but that's just a guess.

I really like mine, but these things happen.
          Old 09-23-2004, 07:48 AM
          Teching In

Originally Posted by trackbird
          I"ve run 2 sets so far, no problems. Everyone can have an off day. I suspect they were mis-boxed. Possibly a BMW bolt pattern (it is slightly smaller than ours) or some other similar vehicle, but that's just a guess.

I really like mine, but these things happen.
          whats strange is that when i got them, I was looking them over and on the inside they were branded with teh name 'Century' and not brembo, and the casting numbers didnt match the number on the box. oh well, I try them next time.
          Old 09-23-2004, 07:53 AM
          TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if someone b ought autozone (or similar) "cheapies" and sent them back to tire rack (keeping the brembos)? That would be a good guess (but I don't know what application they are from (may not be an F-body). Hard to say.