Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Going 12 bolt rearend...what else do I need to order for hooking up on the strip?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going 12 bolt rearend...what else do I need to order for hooking up on the strip?

What works??? What is junk... This is very new ground for me. I would like to be pulling 1.5's on Nittos...

What do lower relocation brackets do? Shocks help? Airbag in the front spring...? Is a new torque arm worth $400+??

I am lost when it comes to suspension upgrades...
Old 09-23-2004, 03:12 PM
12 Second Club

Well a new rear end isn't the mod of choice when looking for traction, unless you're about adding weight to the rear. Go with some LCAs, and a torque arm. A torque arm is definantly worth the 400 bucks because it'll save you the multiple times that you'll spend for a replacement stock one. Another thing is to get some LCA relocation brackets to have the correct LCA angle.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bad Blu Formula
Well a new rear end isn't the mod of choice when looking for traction, unless you're about adding weight to the rear. Go with some LCAs, and a torque arm. A torque arm is definantly worth the 400 bucks because it'll save you the multiple times that you'll spend for a replacement stock one. Another thing is to get some LCA relocation brackets to have the correct LCA angle.
Thanks for the info.

Right now I am thinking going with a Strange rearend. I will have to look again, but I think you can get them with the LCA mounts already welded in.
Good I am glad to hear the Torque arm is worth it.

What is the best brand names on all these items?

I know the 12's are heavy and rob HP, but my stocker won't last and I don't want to stick 400$ (gears, install kit etc....) into it if it isn't going to last. I have 2.73's in now and they gots to go!

Thanks for info....