Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Torque Arm Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 11:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torque Arm Problem

I have an edelbrock torque arm and a moser 12 bolt and i wasnt aware that it's necessary to check the bolts often to make sure they're tight until about a week ago. When I went under my car, only 1 of the bottom bolts was left (which was bent) and there's a crack next to the hole for the other bolt. I tried to take the torque arm off and i couldn't get it. The weird thing is that the holes on the bottom of the torque arm line up with the holes in the rear but the holes int the top of the torque arm aren't even close to the holes in the top of the rear. Is it possible that the whole thing is bent or that I have to adjust the front bushing somehow?
Old 10-01-2004, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

number one, that should not happen.
did you tq the bolts to the proper tention or just yank the hell outa your ratchet and call it a day?
Old 10-02-2004, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaberwaki
number one, that should not happen.
did you tq the bolts to the proper tention or just yank the hell outa your ratchet and call it a day?

I think I read about this happening once a week with the Moser. Moser bolts need checked all the time, even with lock tight I would still check them.

If you read a few threads down or search there is both a broken BMR and Spohn torque arm from this happening.