Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

global rear height adjust kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default global rear height adjust kit

hey, i need to raise the rear of the car because im installing a body kit and need the extra room. Anyways, i either wanted to fabricate my own "lift" plate for the rear springs or possibly purchase one. the only one i've seen is the globalwest rear ride height adjust kit......does anybody have any feedback on this kit thru experience or word of mouth.......any is better than non.....thanks
Old 10-08-2004, 10:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone...?
Old 10-08-2004, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe your talking about the GW spring jacks. You couldnt pay me to use those on my car. IMO, there is not enough material on the top part of them to properly hold the spring in place. In the event that you might go beyond the limits of the suspension travel you might spit the spring out. I have never heard of this happening but from the 2 times I have seen these items on cars, I just shake my head. To me they look like an accident (i.e. crash) waiting to happen. the spring jack just sits on the top of the spring perch. It isnt bolted to anything to hold it in place.

Alot of road racers use this piece but I just dont trust it.

EDIT** I may be confusing the GW with the Ground control spring jacks. It is the GC ones that I dont care for. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 131 Likes on 85 Posts

Hmm, multiple and I mean dozens and dozens of Championships won with them. Literally hundreds of cars running with them and never an issue. I run them on my own car which I not only autox and street drive, but also open track (and on bump tracks to like Nelson Ledges, OH).

I know what it looks like, but the truth is if you have any shock rebound at all they will never come unloaded when driving. I certainly don't want to hurt myself..... And will not run parts that are not proven.

I use and sell Ground Control stuff, I choose it over GW for a few reasons, but functionally they work the same way and if you pick the GW type, other than paying more you wouldn't have a problem

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: global rear height adjust kit